Season 210 - For The Kids

Harry122

Solid Citizen
UU VIP
Reaction score

Season 210: For the Kids
Ukuleles and children go together like peanut butter and jelly! For this Season, let’s do songs for kids! Perform as if you were performing for children, or maybe even invite some children in on the recording session!

The Rules:
Your song must be newly-recorded for this Season. (Don’t re-use an old video)
Don’t post a video that is not an entry – put those things on the Island.
The video must say it’s for Season 210, either written or verbalized.
No Song Limit!
Multitracking is fine, but the uke must be prominent
Season starts at 00:01 Hawaii time Sunday the 21st, ends 23:59 Hawaii time Sunday the 28th

Prizes: Certificates! (and one gift certificate!)

Playlist

Last edited:
Oh boy! This will be a blast!

Woohoo! Tiffany is a pre-school teacher. She's going to love this!

Oh boy. I am in SFO Monday and Tuesday night without much to do. Guess I am bringing a ukulele and an iPad. I am guessing I shouldn't go and try to round up some kids at the hotel pool though...yeah...definitely not a good idea.

LOL! This is awesome timing. Tomorrow morning (Sunday) I get to return to playing the ukulele for the kids in the church nursery after a long break do to my health. Color me thrilled.

This is a traditional Dutch kids song, Brian will like the length of this ;).
My pronunciation of the season numbering was interesting but you get the idea.

Rough translation:
I saw two bears grease sandwiches,
Oh, that was a miracle.
It was a wonder of wonders,
that bears could grease.
Hi hi hi, ha ha ha!
I stood there and I looked at.

"Get Off My Spaghetti" - the Rolling Stones do "On Top of Spaghetti"

Well, this "mush-up" came about in the wee hours Friday night over at Theme Music, the other weekly theme challenge community that I dabble in occasionally. The current theme there is "ON and OFF" ... songs with "On" or "Off" in the title. Someone else there posted an idea to do a medley of on old trad song with "On" and a rock song with "Off".

In my mixed-up wacko-girl head that promptly got transmogrified to the kid-song parody version of the trad song mashed-up with the rock song ... and for a joke I proposed the title "Get Off My Spaghetti". Which of course they then wanted me to do.

And you know once a mashup idea is in my head, that head is going to go to work on it, no matter how ridiculously late it is or how silly the idea. I am powerless to stop it. And wouldn't you know it ... the kid song fits the rock song perfectly! Same exact meter and number of verse lines. The hardest part then was learning to play it. But once the idea took me over, it just got done ... and I posted the video on Theme Music early yesterday morning.

I sort of hoped it might fit the next Seasons theme ... and by golly, except for the video having been made the day before ... wouldn't you know, there's a kid song in there, so it kinda does!

So how fortunate that I was making my debut at a new-to-me open mic on Saturday night, and could make a new video of the same song for Season 210!

It went over pretty well ... I even had them singing along with me on the final chorus.

Because my second song at the open mic is as adult-oriented as anything I've ever written (it's the one I wrote for Janet's recent Season! ;)) I asked my videographer to take two separate videos. Alas, she got both songs in one video ... and it will take a while to get an edit of just the one song ... it's processing. I'll get you the separate one when it's done, in case you think the full vid is inappropriate for your playlist. (Although, like "Bullwinkle" and many other things, I kinda think the adult context would go over kids' heads, and they might actually find it a cute, fun song. Your call, Randy. :))

I'll most likely come back and also do something totally new conceived purely for this theme ... maybe with Neil - his 2-year-old is the only kid I see regularly ... but this is a kid song and fits, so I'm happy I could make a new video of it for you.

Last edited:
SOTU 210 - The Children's Hour

Hi guys I got back from my first road trip since I broke my le last night and collapsed in a heap. The trip was to the Ukulele Convergence in Lancaster PA. Five uke clubs got together for an all day bash. "What Larks!"

This one is from a Bing Crosby Movie "Going My Way" A Kid asks to hear "The Mule Song". I learned this one with my Dad Christmas Day about three years ago. I quess we are both kids at heart.

Randy - your niece is just beautiful!

Great theme :) My daughter is keen so I am sure one of my vids will be a family effort :)

Top Bottom