Season 216~ Getting From Here to There

Wow thanks Myrna! And I didn't even know there was an Alaska railroad until now. Have a good trip! I

Another very prolific poster this Season was JazzBanjoRex. Flawless playing and singing in a number of different styles- your talent always amazes me. You, sir, win a two week vacation with your entire family ~ traveling the iconic Route 66!!!!
http://www.thelostadventure.com/10-tips-for-riding-route-66

Myrna I love my Route 66 vacation. I'd planned on doing the Oklahoma leg actually soon. I wish on a Hog. I've been through Winslow Arizona on Route 66.
JBR Winslow Ariz.jpg

weegingayin you brought some great train songs to our Season!!
UkeFoote- your version of Casey Jones was superb.
jimavery- You did a great job on the difficult Atchison, Topeka and the Santa Fe.
PhillyV- I liked you Guns n' Roses cover of Nightrain.
Fred Grubb- what a smooth version of Chattanooga Choo Choo!
Hobbelpaard (Chelle and Mike) Your Railroad Man was fantastic! I couldn't stop thinking about my dad (who was a railroad engineer for 38 years) the entire time I was listening.

I LOVE train songs. You all win a trip from Anchorage to Fairbanks on the Alaska Railroad!!!!
View attachment 90205

I've been away so I've only just seen this wrap up... cool! Best prize ever! I'll just get my visa renewed and see you all in Anchorage... I presume we're all taking our ukes??

Last edited:
Limousin Lil - your (virtual) prize is a vintage van!! Happy travels!
images-1.jpeg

Ucatlele Cat - You and your son get a (virtual) framed poster of a - you guessed it!- yellow submarine!
Unknown-2.jpg

NotAnotherLinda - Your virtual prize this week: A Tom Petty CD Boxed Set. Some great tunes here!
91ZxJsh3KjL._SL1500_.jpg91ZxJsh3KjL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Rustyy - for that fab cover of The Last Frontier- you get an Alaskan license plate!!!!
Unknown-3.jpeg
Kelly - we couldn't send you Everwhere like that Tim McGraw cover...but we can give you a world map. You can put pins in all the places you would like to go someday.
images.jpeg
redpaul- What else? A harvester combine! Good luck navigating the London streets driving this.
Unknown-4.jpeg

Last edited:
Rick Henderson - Six days on the Road? You need to stop and have a meal on me! At the truck stop of your choice. Hope the fries aren't too greasy!
Unknown-5.jpeg
Lesley - Loved your Wigan Boat Express song. You'll receive a CD of vintage train songs and sounds.
61wZ54SiumL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
Joko - Lucky you! You get the (virtual) Woody Guthrie album Hard Travelin'!! A classic for sure.
images-2.jpeg

Last edited:
Myrna you get the prize for giving prizes! Here's some cash to buy that Moore Bettah that's in the marketplace so you'll have the best uke to play at the festival View attachment 90241 and here's some chips for you to have fun with! View attachment 90242

Love my (virtual) Moore Bettah!! What a beautiful uke! And Those virtual chips kept me gambling all night long in Reno!

This is more difficult that I thought. I'm starting to forget who's gotten prizes and who hasn't.
sillydave - have I given you a prize yet? You've heard of the bridge to nowhere? I'm giving you a signpost to nowhere so you don't get lost on that road to nowhere.
p36-map-to-nowhere.jpg

Last edited:
I finally made it back to this thread to read all the prizes. I know I have said this before but I love you Myrna. So much joy here...such thoughtful responses. You are a treasure. Thanks for this season.
You win a huge virtual hug and the promise of a tune any time you need one. :)

CeeJay - If you're leaning on a lamppost you'll need a nice leather jacket to keep you warm.
Unknown-5.jpeg
ukecannotbeserious - Out Walking After Midnight? You need a flashlight! (Or as the Brits say a torch). Here you are!
images-1.jpeg
Strum Theory - Still in London? Well here's an Oyster card for you so you can get around on the tube!
Unknown-2.jpeg

Last edited:
UkingViking - Guess you're on your way. Here's some good traveling shoes for you.
Unknown-3.jpeg
Shady Wilbury - I know how much you love Townes Van Zandt. Your virtual prize this week is a TVZ Tshirt in exactly your size.
Unknown-4.jpeg

I so wanted to turn these virtual tix to real ones but darn it I fly out to Vegas for a conference at 8am the very next day. Shoot! Thanks Myrna!

http://www.ohana-music.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29863
Andrew Morse - Pokey LaFarge is coming to Portland!!!!!!!!
You have won two virtual tickets to his show on May 8th (with the Cactus Blossoms) at the Wonder Ballroom!! Wish I could be there myself ( in real life!). Enjoy the show!
http://www.bandsintown.com/event/11660148?app_id=js_www.pokeylafarge.net&artist=Pokey+LaFarge&came_from=39

I finally made it back to this thread to read all the prizes. I know I have said this before but I love you Myrna. So much joy here...such thoughtful responses. You are a treasure. Thanks for this season.
You win a huge virtual hug and the promise of a tune any time you need one. :)
Hugs to you and Melissa!

Jinxi - You looked so cute in your pajamas. Thought you might like another pair to wear for lounging around and playing uke. You win a virtual a pair of pajamas from Victoria's Secret.
Unknown-1.jpeg

Cassie - You'll be going to Hawaii!! You win a virtual trip to the island of your choice. Here's a virtual lei for when you get off the plane.
Unknown.jpeg

bonesigh - You also win a virtual trip to Hawaii!!! For your whole family. Leis for everyone!
images.jpeg

YorkSteve - You've won yourself a trip to Liverpool!! And of course you'll ride across the Mersey on the ferry as you head off to the Magical Mystery tour.
http://www.viator.com/tours/London/Beatles-and-Liverpool-Rail-Day-Trip-from-London/d737-3858EE045?pref=02

manfrog - You're going - where else?- to California! Virtual plane tickets from New York to LA for the whole family. Enjoy the other coast!
http://www.discoverlosangeles.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjwuuy4BRCvs43g9fX9mz4SJACiYydPbHwFVg6ShWQbuP6BHzY_0xKdrUE3bo92rrk7TgYACBoCNcbw_wcB

Top Bottom