Season 263 Sun Record Artists

decaturcomp

Under the heading of Songs About members of the MDQ, this is by our friend Donnie Picou for his band Bas Clas' latest album.

Tootler

A second from me. An Elvis song.

Now off to sort out S264, though don't forget you've still got tomorrow to get more entries in for this fabulous week.

Tootler

Interruption.

Season 264 is now on line but remember not till Midnight Hawaii.

Now back to season 263...

Jazzbanjorex

JC did this song but the version I heard on YT was nothing like the lyrics all over the internet that I found. So I typed up JC's version and did it his way. Except the little fills between the verses. I added those.

CeeJay

JC did this song but the version I heard on YT was nothing like the lyrics all over the internet that I found. So I typed up JC's version and did it his way. Except the little fills between the verses. I added those.

I got that album as well....

CeeJay

I wasn't sure how to go about this one, I mean Ukes are supposed to be front and center,:rulez: but it's Jerry Lee ...and he played the other instrument that I picked up as a yoof...and eventually put down again ...they're heavy !!!! So I thought long and painfully and hard and thought....Bugger it ...I'll just do it like this...The ukelele fillum picture is in the front ..If slightly offcetre. So there......I'm going to apply a Thornton Duncan Honour Guardian Angel Rule what says that this Load Of Old Toot is within the rules because it is such sh*te anyway ... Balls......Great Fiery Ones......

Jazzbanjorex

This song it not done like the JC and Bob Dylan version. I did a version with the most common verses.

frisbee fred

My 4th entry. Should have stopped at 3. You ever have a song where it ends up being a battle between you and the song? This isn't even difficult to play. But I did an embarrassing number of takes over a long time. After awhile it was just sapping my will to live. This is the only time I made it to the end. Glad that's done...

Jazzbanjorex

Another JC cover of an Arlo Guthrie song. JC left out the middle verse and I felt lazy so, so did I. :)

ddanner

UU VIP
SOTU 263 - Sun Records Artists (MDQ) - Big River - A Johnny Cash Cover

Looks like only one entry from the Danners this week. :( Feel lucky to get it done, and looking forward to having a little time to spare to start working on Geoff's Season. (Wow! 50's hits from the Million Dollar Quartet followed by a Season devoted to Rhymin' Paul Simon! Life is Good!)

I hope you enjoy our cover of, "Big River," written and recorded by Johnny Cash in 1957, and released on one of the first LP's out of Sun Records Studios.

lelouden

So far today we've gotten 22 songs and the day isn't over yet. Elvis won most played today. In total we have over 120 songs. I'd like to award you all the Elvis Linda Lou stamp of approval!

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 10.15.16 PM.jpg

This season will overlap with 264 tomorrow. We will close at midnight Hawaii time so if there is anything you've been thinking of doing, well you still have time. There is always room for more :)

AlanDP

Rex, I think this is another one you should add to your Johnny Cash repertoire.

Desert Pavement

Rock Doctor
UU VIP
I largely missed this week due to work. Since I drove through Bakersfield yesterday on my way home I felt like I had to pick something by Merle Haggard. I know this wasn't released on Sun Records Linda, but I wanted to contribute something and this one was easy to knock out.

JackLuis

Time for the Big Zebra to sing!

Johnny Cash wrote his version of Frankie and Johnny that is far different from the New Orleans/St. Louis versions of the '30's.

The Sunburst Singers Present.