Season 274 - The Songs Stuck In My Head

ukuleledaddy

Reaction score
Welcome to Season 274 everyone.

The Songs Stuck In My Head; a little background:
TCK and I do a little weekly radio show called The Songs Stuck In My Head. TCK started the show about a dozen or so years ago and I’ve been involved now for nearly three years. Each new show is usually posted on Thursdays or Fridays. One week I do a show then TCK does the following week and so on. My radio name is The Happy Homemaker, because Ukuleledaddy wouldn’t have worked as well for a radio handle. TCK is, of course, The Cloverdale Kid. It had been a dream of mine for decades to do a radio show and I have so much fun putting these shows together.

The Challenge:
Not unlike the Empire Boardwalk week we recently enjoyed where you had to pick a song from that show, this week your challenge is to perform any song we’ve played on any of our radio shows. I’ll put a link below that will take you to Podomatic.com which is where the most recent 30 or so shows live. There you can see the playlists and listen to each show. I’ll also put a link to a companion thread where I’ll list the playlists of another 25 or so older shows. All in all you should be able to choose from well over 1,000 songs. Also, TCK will post a new show later in the week and you’re welcome to do any songs from that show as well.

More info!
Part of the joy of doing these radio shows is playing songs you won’t normally hear on the radio. Before I was a DJ on the show I was a fanboy. I couldn’t wait to hear TCK’s new shows. Every week he turned me onto something amazing, some new song and/or artist I had never heard before. As you go through these playlists, you’ll certainly see songs you know but the bulk of tunes we play you may have never heard. You can of course perform any song from the shows you like but I encourage you to discover a new song that you really like and perform that. It’s up to you. The genres in the shows really run the gamut. I’m confident that everyone will find something they want to play. If you don’t have much time to discover new songs and/or you are having trouble finding something to play, please feel free to drop me a note and let me know what type of song you like to play and I’ll recommend some tunes for you. I hope you enjoy this week and I can’t wait to hear what you folks do with these songs.

You can find song lists and listen to some shows here.
You can find song lists for older shows (companion to 274)here.

Usual rules:
- Season starts Sunday, May 14th at 00:01 Hawaii time, and ends Sunday, May 21st at 12 PM.
- Multi tracking and other instruments are fine, but ukulele should be the main instrument.
- NO song limit.
- Mention or list in the video "Season 274”.
- Mentioning the show that your song came from would be helpful.

Prizes:
I’ll let winners choose a copy of one of the radio shows, whichever one they want. I will do a “pull a name out of a hat” deal but since TCK is really a part of the theme I’ll wait to pull the names until he and I see each other over a few beers again. That could be months from now. I will do a proper wrap up vid shortly after the week ends though.

If you’re interested in listening to the shows:
We have a Facebook page where we put up our new shows. They are also available as a podcast on iTunes and podomatic.com. And for those of you who live in Bodega Bay, CA you can hear the show on KWTF on Sundays.

Look at what you've done! Playlist for 274

Last edited:
Wow! Mining these shows for songs to learn and play will be SOOO much fun! Awesome, awesome idea!

This is gonna be fun! I've been listening to bits of the podcast for a while now, but most of my music-listening has been here on the Seasons! I'm looking forward to discovering cool new stuff!

I love "The Songs Stuck In My Head." I download them and put them on my iPod (yeah - I still have an iPod - old school!). I'll be tasking away at something, so I'll get the iPod out; and it's like having two friends in the room with you, spinning the best tunes. Ever. So looking forward to this Season!

You didn't put the link for the song lists from older shows.

Tried to post it earlier but didn't realize I had to parse out all the shows because one post was too big. I had to run off to see my kids' first school play. So it is fixed now. The link is in the main post and takes you to a "companion" thread where you'll find a list of a bunch of old shows.

I love "The Songs Stuck In My Head." I download them and put them on my iPod (yeah - I still have an iPod - old school!). I'll be tasking away at something, so I'll get the iPod out; and it's like having two friends in the room with you, spinning the best tunes. Ever. So looking forward to this Season!

I know you've been listening to the show at least as long as I have, probably longer. Can't wait to hear what you dig up!

I know you've been listening to the show at least as long as I have, probably longer. Can't wait to hear what you dig up!

Oh! I've already found my tune! I went hunting for it in your playlists, 'cos I've been itching to do it, like, for evah, and glory be! There it was!
But I'll have to wait till Monday to do it.

Aye- this is going to be fun! Sean (Ukuleledaddy) saved this show after I almost binned it because doing it weekly for the radio (we are broadcast from SF to the Oregon border) weekly was like having a job. Another job. He had tuned in to every podcast and was going nuts...so I handed him every other week and he has been stupendous (his shows make mine look dumb). I had been doing it for years at that point (a decade?), and sometimes it grew a little stale (Ukulele and this show have been my longest hobbies to date)...in any event, I once extended the offer to every audiophile I have ever known (most of them here)...wanna do a show? Show me what you got! We always have room for friends to join in and spin a show!
That said- and as Sean said- need a song? Not finding it? PM me as well. The archives are at the ready.
Big ups to those of you that listen in, Decateurcomp and Pauly...and Ukeintheheartoftexas- I have seen you guys there. Thanks for the support.
And Sean of course, who went from listener to on air personality without a hiccup, and is happy to post one when I ain't feeling it ;) Good times ahead!

Aye- this is going to be fun! Sean (Ukuleledaddy) saved this show after I almost binned it because doing it weekly for the radio (we are broadcast from SF to the Oregon border) weekly was like having a job. Another job. He had tuned in to every podcast and was going nuts...so I handed him every other week and he has been stupendous (his shows make mine look dumb). I had been doing it for years at that point (a decade?), and sometimes it grew a little stale (Ukulele and this show have been my longest hobbies to date)...in any event, I once extended the offer to every audiophile I have ever known (most of them here)...wanna do a show? Show me what you got! We always have room for friends to join in and spin a show!
That said- and as Sean said- need a song? Not finding it? PM me as well. The archives are at the ready.
Big ups to those of you that listen in, Decateurcomp and Pauly...and Ukeintheheartoftexas- I have seen you guys there. Thanks for the support.
And Sean of course, who went from listener to on air personality without a hiccup, and is happy to post one when I ain't feeling it ;) Good times ahead!

In short, this show pretty much saved my sanity. Thanks TCK.

I didn't realise you had this show. Awesome! Looking at the lists, there is a lot of really good stuff in there, but it's not stuff that I'm all that familiar with so it will take a bit of practice. I guess it's a lot like my season in that respect. No guarantees that I'll get something done this week. I'm struggling to get something done for TCK's season as it is (I've had a song lined up all week, but limited opportunity for practice).

I didn't realise you had this show. Awesome! Looking at the lists, there is a lot of really good stuff in there, but it's not stuff that I'm all that familiar with so it will take a bit of practice. I guess it's a lot like my season in that respect. No guarantees that I'll get something done this week. I'm struggling to get something done for TCK's season as it is (I've had a song lined up all week, but limited opportunity for practice).

For what it's worth, you can practice all of one minute and I'll just be thankful you got something in. I almost didn't chose to do this theme because I realize that some folks will not have the time to sift through and find a song they want to play, let alone make a vid of it. If you want, feel free to drop me a line and let me know what type of music you like to play and I will trow out a few suggestions.

Tried to post it earlier but didn't realize I had to parse out all the shows because one post was too big. I had to run off to see my kids' first school play. So it is fixed now. The link is in the main post and takes you to a "companion" thread where you'll find a list of a bunch of old shows.

Hi Sean! This is a great theme ... I'll be learning something new this week! I am probably exceedingly dense, but I can't find the link in the main post that takes you to the "companion" thread.

Believe it or not when I did the Boardwalk Empire week it was a toss up between
doing that and doing a calypso week. Lots of music genres have been covered
on the seasons but Lord Kitchener, and Mighty Sparrow would certainly
have been an education. Wonderful bum bum lyrics and danceable beats.

Now there is real happy music, so I was happy to see Hog inna me cocoa
and Mento and the nod towards Calypso. Wind it up mama.

Last edited:
Hi Sean! This is a great theme ... I'll be learning something new this week! I am probably exceedingly dense, but I can't find the link in the main post that takes you to the "companion" thread.

My apologies. I looked back over the main post and realized it was not as clear as it could be. I hope I fixed that. In any case, here is the link to the companion thread. I hope you find something you're interested in.

For what it's worth, you can practice all of one minute and I'll just be thankful you got something in. I almost didn't chose to do this theme because I realize that some folks will not have the time to sift through and find a song they want to play, let alone make a vid of it. If you want, feel free to drop me a line and let me know what type of music you like to play and I will trow out a few suggestions.

Already found one that I like, and keen to give it a go. It's just that I hadn't heard it before, so it will take a bit of work.

Just having breakfast and had a quick browse through the playlists. Some promising looking stuff - most of it, as you say, unfamiliar. I think it's a case of pick a genre you like and go for an interesting song title. It's surprising what gems you can find that way.

I'm off to a session in Harrogate later this morning (about an hour's drive away) so I'll have a proper look when I get back.

Looking forward to this season and I have something different lined up for next week which I hope you'll all find interesting.

Had a quick look through your lists, not many that I have heard of, but I did find some JC, & a couple of others, so I hope to be along sometime in the week. :)

Top Bottom