Season 332: The Alphabet

G is for German, which is what John Denver's actual name (Deutchendorf) was.

Also it's for Grandma's Feather Bed.

First of all; My hats off to all of you who were able to make it completely through the alphabet! ! ! ! !

After what I considered a subpar effort on my last song due to being in a hurry, I decided doing 26 videos in one week was out of my reach :) None the less, i do have one for F - Fields of Gold is a Sting Cover. Once again, my brother Jon is collaborating with me on this one. I just love the way our voices sound together. I sent him a simple mix of me playing and singing and he sent back the finished product. As always, I loved working with you Jon ~

Randy, I think you missed my "Lorena."

It's in the Playlist, Number 298, but I didn't have a comment. I must've forgot to hit the "Comment" button before closing! Oops. Real good song!

I am making a sprint for Z. I have them all ready, I just don't know if I'll be able to get them all uploaded. I've saved all the videos at a lower res than usual so they'll be smaller and I can upload them faster. Some of them I've done before, but not in a long time. If one is a season repeat, I did something different with it than I did the first time. This one is a repeat, but it has been a good long while.

Okay - this is my final one for the week - inspired by TCK’s excellent version a couple of seasons back. Depeche Mode were my fave band during my fave musical decade (the 80s), and this is one of their best. Apologies for the picking which is a bit ragged in parts, but it’s been a long day!

W

I've almost done this song several times, but never have. One of the first songs that I looked up when I first got a ukulele several years ago.

X

An original blues song. I fudged a little on the title.

You might think I'll never come back to you
Because of those cheatin' things you do
Well that's 'xactly right
That's 'xactly right
You might think I'm done, you might think I'm gone

You might think our love affair is o'er
That I'll never once more darken your door
That's 'xactly right
You might think I'll never miss your kiss

I don't care what you say
Tellin' the truth was never 'xactly your way
I don't care how they blame us
'Cause your messin' around has made you famous

You might tell everyone who's seen us
That there can't be enough space between us
That's 'xactly right
You can tell our friends it just had to end
'Cause that's 'xactly right
Tell everyone around that I've moved out of town
'Cause that's 'xactly right

Last edited:
Z

Last one! An original.

I met her on the zebra crossing
She was barefoot just like Paul
The street was hot on her little feet
So I carried her across

And we fell in love on the zebra crossing
Her smile was beguiling and so engrossing
We fell in love on the zebra crossing
On the crossing we fell in love

We stood on the corner
And waited for the light
And when the sign said ok go
I kissed her with all my might

Last edited:
I've always loved this song, had a hard time getting a good take on it though. Not a perfect one here, but I kept it.

Top Bottom