Season 332: The Alphabet

cheating even more now! x, y and z, are for "x, y and zee" - an instrumental inspired by one of my fave ever films, of the same title...

wow. it feels soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good to get to z!!! :rock:

F is for Fields of Gold,
a collaboration between me and Kevin already posted.
G is an original song for the season.

GEOFF THE ACCOUNTANT

Geoff was an accountant
He never thought too much about it
He just woke each day like he was running late

And with the coffee coursing
Through his veins each morning
He got to work like he'd been there for hours

Geoff's been sitting at his desk
For 20 years or more
Balancing the budgets and tallying the tears

Til the cheques they started bouncing
And the boss he started flouncing
No-one ever told him too smell the flowers

Like every message sent needs calling
You're only ever standing until you're falling

Now Geoff's got taxes left to lodge
And debts yet to be paid
And the ledger of his life hangs like an awning

When he gets home every night
He turns off his bedroom light
Wake up Geoff it's morning

This is my record 8th video in one week, and I believe I have worked on a 9th with Jon. It's a blur. Struggled to find a cover song for G, so I ended up doing an original (Griffin/Latham) I composed with my friend Glen! Thanks again for hosting this week Randy!

Silent steps go spinning weaving gentle grasses on the ground
Quite soon the days will leave me like the passing of a sound
My heart is sand and water colors mixing with the sky
I'll stir up gentle grasses and watch the days go by
If I hadn't found a reason and I did the same ol' thing
Guess I'd be around tomorrow and i'd surely start to sing
Silent steps go spinning weaving gentle grasses on the ground
Quite soon the days will leave me like the passing of a sound

Last edited:
Been a while. (traveling, camping) ... Here's my "A" song and it's only Sunday morning!

Oh, wait ... *##@%^!!!

Paxton's Anytime

It looks like Rick & myself had the same ideas for H - it's Hank and Hey...

Over & Out - what a week...

Here's a really fun Kenny Price song from the 70's. Not the most PC song in the world though......

I, per usual, miss spoke. There was once a time in our history when the pedantic constant re-stating of the length of time for any given season was trotted out so often that I simply ignored it, and to this day have completely blocked those perimeters out of my head forever (my handle has meaning...I am a kid when it comes to these things).
That said, our very own Onlyukethatmatters pointed out on my last video for "V" on my second lap, which I was certain was my last for this week, that I still had TODAY to finish this complete lunacy.
Of course, I had to comply as I already had W X Y and Z planned and (sort of) figured out.
So...again a nod to our host. Thanks for letting me play more songs than I thought possible, often poorly, so I could have a good laugh.
#49 offers a chance to Hag up the season for the first time (for me), Working Mans Blues- Merle Haggard

# 50 offered a chance to pay homage to constellations, ONJ, and roller dancing. All things I study when I am not playing my ukulele.
Olivia Newton- Xanadu. Inspired by Rex.

The Byrds version of this song, and the steel guitar intro, is my favorite bit of music ever. I got the chance to tell the guy that played it a few years ago...
his response?
"Cool! Want a scotch?"
You Ain't Goin Nowhere- Dylan/ The Byrds

And last...# 52. So few songs that start with Z, these are tough. Fortunately this is there and it is a good one.
Who doesn't remember seeing a very pissed Dolores O’Riordan belt out Zombie? RIP Dolores.

OK- Now I am really done.
Really.
No More.
Damn. Still didn't play "Cold Beer".
And we are at 376. Surely there are 24 more songs out there? I hope so. That would be incredible

Last edited:
375 as of last count. I sure am enjoying Season 333, by the way! It's a good one!

challenge.jpg

Over indulged petulant child I am...I had to take advantage of the play out of order bonus at least once. I know I swore I wasn’t coming back...twice already. This time I mean it. I am not going to bug Randy anymore!
Next video I post will be in 333. Hopefully the third time is a charm.
Have a beer on me Randy- helluva season!

Last edited:
Cheers for hosting this gargantuan Season Randy, I reckon you've broken all kinds of records here hosting this mammoth stockpile of Seasonista tunes. (Did you actually manage to get any sleep through the week?) Top Man !!
Kudos to everyone that made the 26 but even bigger Kudos to those who managed more than the usual 3 entries with very little time available to them with life's commitments.
I was quite fortunate to have had a couple of pockets of freetime to knock a few out and realise that not all our circumstances allow for this so big respect for those who gave it a bash and juggled to achieve what they did.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Thus endeth the Alphabet Season. I had a blast. Thanks to every single participant. Wrap-up soon-ish!

Top Bottom