Season 337: Desserts

aspieman456

Reaction score
I'm starting this seasons because I'm nervous about my first attempt at this contest.

My mom and I do a lot of baking cookies for church's homeless program at every end of the month (except for July). This is what I like to do, other than ukulele playing. I've been posting videos here, now I'm hosting this week's seasons and I'm very excited and honored to do something like this. This week's theme is my personal favorite, DESSERT.

All you have to do is find a song that has the words cakes, pies, cookies (or what the English call biscuits), or candies, especially marshmallows, lollipops, etc. either in the song title or in the lyrics itself.

Sorry, folks. No posting songs of artists with names like Cake or Humble Pie. This is my first attempt as a seasonista and I don't want to be overwhelmed or confused.

If you noticed I haven't put your videos on the playlist, please tell me and I'll rectify the situation. Working the playlist is a new task for me.

Now, for the other rules: All ukuleles must be the center of attention.
Cover songs or original works are gladly
welcome.
New songs must be recorded for this
particular contest.
Start time at 12:00am Hawaii time Sunday
morning and end at 12:00am Sunday night.
Multitracking, and collaborations are gladly
accepted.
Two songs per day is the set limit.

Prizes: None. It's just too expensive for me to mail something across the country or abroad.

Make me hungry, and good luck to all of you.

Signed.

Dave McMillin

Here's the link to the playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt6GoZiXwSasRCwaDhaDSywFRtFl0NlSP

Last edited:
A great idea for the week, Dave ... I LOVE dessert!!!

You can also do donuts, ice cream, s'mores, cheesecake, spongecake. or anything. Forgot to add that to the rules.

First of all, thank you so much for hosting, Dave. I clearly remember how nervous I was the first time, but I even more vividly remember how terrific everyone was and how much I enjoyed it. You've got a wonderful theme and I hope you enjoy the week! Linda :)

Thank you and my stomach is in knots. It's also not saying every critiquing comments more than once. I hope nobody sues me for slander.

I hope we all fill you and your heart with something sweet and yummy :)

great theme! except..................... listening to songs about food always makes me hungry, so i expect to be piling on the pounds this week!!!!!!

Thank you and my stomach is in knots. It's also not saying every critiquing comments more than once. I hope nobody sues me for slander.
and breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeathe! i am sure once the vids start being posted, you'll be so busy having a blast that you'll very quickly stop being nervous! every vid we bring you is a little present to you, this is your party, relax and have a good time! everyone really appreciates the work the host does - coming up with a great theme like this one, watching and commenting on all the vids, grappling with the playlist*, all that good stuff! *don't worry about making sure everything is on the playlist, vids can get missed, but people will say, so don't stress about this. and don't feel comments have to be super long or complex, just go with the flow. have fun, and thanks for hosting! :rock:

I've yet to hear of a lawsuit about a comment, but perhaps someone who has been around longer than I have would be the best person to comment here. ;)

RELAX - there is nothing you can do to screw this up. You need to have as much fun with this week as we are gonna have. Whatever you do you do. Thanks for hosting, looking forward to some flavorful songs this week.

You got this Dave! Really fun theme here and I am sure you will do a great job as a host. Thanks for doing this for us this week ;)

RELAX - there is nothing you can do to screw this up. You need to have as much fun with this week as we are gonna have. Whatever you do you do. Thanks for hosting, looking forward to some flavorful songs this week.

My sweet tooth will happily thank all of you For your support. It wants to hear many songs you can do with this theme.

thanks for hosting this week, Dave.
don't put undue pressure on yourself, brother -
just kick back and enjoy the music.
i guarantee we're all gonna.

Thanks for hosting Dave. I hope to be along a little later with something sweet...

Cheers Dave.One of my go to guys for a lyric challenge.John Prine. He's written a lot of words and tends to arrange them in an exceptionally fine order."Wedding Cake" mentioned here.

Top Bottom