Season 432 - Solitude

UkingViking

In these times with the Covid19 still around, and people still socially distancing though some countries are slowly opening up again, songs about being loneliness seems to be fitting. I might be overlooking something on the forum, but I can't seem to find this common theme for songs having been used for the seasons during my time on the seasons, correct me if I am wrong.

So for this season I want songs about loneliness. They dont need specific words in the title as long as they are on topic, but those with lonely/alone/solitude etc. in the lyrics are a good place to start - there are lots of them.

So, record new material and post it here in the 8 days between 00.00 Hawaii time 2020-05-24 and 2020-06-01. Maximum 1 song per day per uker.

There will not be any prices this time, sorry.

Because of the nature of the theme, cooperations are naturally strictly forbid... No, just kidding, they are encouraged :D.

The usual rules apply, Ukulele must be prominent but you can overdub any instruments you like. Except for bagpipes. No bagpipes. Except if you really like bagpipes. In that case they are OK.

Playlist is up!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBASrFJYYFtLQSdeH1eddSOG92AjGjLH6

Last edited:

xommen

I know Berni has (had?) some bagpipes, I guess we will see if he really likes them ;).

Barbablanca

UU VIP
UU VIP
I know Berni has (had?) some bagpipes, I guess we will see if he really likes them ;).

Damn. I think they are up in my old home where I am forbidden to go at the moment as it's in a different health system zone. 😈

wee_ginga_yin

Damn. I think they are up in my old home where I am forbidden to go at the moment as it's in a different health system zone. 😈

Do you know the main difference between the Scottish bagpipe and the Irish bagpipe?

With the Irish bagpipe you can drink a pint of Guinness whilst playing it.

Those Irish are just genius

Tootler

Not all bagpipes are loud and brash. This lady is one of the best: Northumbrian Pipes.

DonnaLele

Hello, good Morning from Bavaria!
I want to start the theme with an old Song from Petula Clark that will send hope to a sad theme. Here in Germany we try to get slowly back to normal life, shops, parks, restaurants are allowed to open. So we all can go .... „Downtown“. Have fun and stay healthy!

YorkSteve

I'm not a staff member really...
Staff member
UU VIP
Do you know the main difference between the Scottish bagpipe and the Irish bagpipe?

With the Irish bagpipe you can drink a pint of Guinness whilst playing it.

Those Irish are just genius

And the difference between the Scottish bagpipes and the Northumbrian pipes?
The Northumbrian pipes are a musical instrument. (See Kathryn Tickell above)

CharleyB

i think we're all finding out that there's nothing splendid about isolation

Flatbaroque

Thanks for the week Mikel! Here's a Donovan song I've always liked. A bit of added Garageband cello. A lonely girl in this one.

xommen

I've been listening a lot to Suzanne Vega lately, so this became an obvious choice, here is my take on Solitude Standing.

Last edited:

chris667

I'm a longtime lurker, not very often performer. Still I felt like a bit of performing today.

One take wonder on my tiny, tiny Argapa travel soprano which is quiet enough to not disturb my other half. This is a song I haven't played for ages and ages; I couldn't remember the chords or the words. Any omissions or errors are entirely mine.

Last edited:

YorkSteve

I'm not a staff member really...
Staff member
UU VIP
This bloke sounds pretty lonely - stuck at the top of a fairground ride as his girlfriend goes off with the man who operates it. Written by Elvis Costello, and recorded by Roy Orbison.

hendulele

Check your fleas
UU VIP
Hi everyone! Sam Cooke knew how to lighten up the spirits. Cat Stevens had fun with this one, too.

As you can see, I’ve tried but failed to keep myself from gaining much of the COVID-19. Isolation isn’t good for your physical health, even when it’s necessary.

Last edited: