Season 492 - If I Had The Wings Of A Dove

At last It finally uploaded . Here's one from 'The Animals'............

I committed this Guy Clark song to memory because my wife has ridden horses all her life and I dust it off at barn parties to the delight of most of her barn buddies.

Hi Janet!
I saw that you are posting many more of your old videos!

I have been adding the videos you have been sharing here to this week's playlist, as I did with Rob's.
But now that you have started to share a lot more of your old videos, I am making a separate playlist for you and it will be beside the main playlist.

I encourage Rob to share his old videos, because I don't think he can play so well right now, having suffered the stroke.
Also, he has been here rain or shine, every week. all this while. I very much want him to keep sharing, since he cannot play now.

I understand that you really want more people to see your old videos, and I did encourage everyone to post as many as they can, but now that you are back from vacation,
make us some new ones! (Glad to see a new one that you have just shared here!)

In my opinion, I am not sure by posting several of your old videos at one time, one after another, will actually give people enough time to catch up with you.

Thanks for understanding.
x

Last edited:
Hey Joo, no problem. I hope Rob posts more old ones too. I was wondering when you would say “enough already!”.
I actually posted 2 new ones this week. “Blue Baboon” is a completely new pastiche I wrote for this week. Wish I could have animated it as well.

Hey Joo, no problem. I hope Rob posts more old ones too. I was wondering when you would say “enough already!”.
I actually posted 2 new ones this week. “Blue Baboon” is a completely new pastiche I wrote for this week. Wish I could have animated it as well.

I don't see Blue Baboon

I suppose I should give an update on my condition. my strumming hand is very weak. with my right hand i can press 45 kg and with my right I can only press 24. this has fallen off from 30 kg. my right hand wrist is stiff and certain finger movements send pain through my arm. the mobility is greatly reduced, and trying to play the ukulele is uncomfortable. the occupational therapist encourages me to play the ukulele because she views finger-picking on an exercise to regain mobility. I find it painful.

I don't type these messages I use speech to text, because my fingers don't work properly.

I thank you for letting me post videos that have not been on the seasons. Not being able to contribute has been a great loss for me, because I looked forward to participate in every week.

thank you once again for being so incluvise.

Last edited:
I am so sorry to have to make you come forth and share this with us, Rob.
I didn't want to make your condition into a...thing we talk about, i don't think you wanted that kind of attention. I know you purely wanted to participate.

I had to make sure that Janet, or any other participants or UU members who might be thinking about participating, understand why I am including your older videos.

I feel your loss and i am deeply moved by your passion all these years.
I really do see it as a privilege for me to be a part of this community that you have been involved in since day 1.
And, to me, your videos are works of art, both the music and the visual.
You are a truly original and creative Seasonista and I thank YOU for what you have been sharing here!

Hi again dear Seasonista friends!
Hope you are all feeling well today.

I saw Dave's theme and got all excited...tried to noodle some instrumental.
Um...at this point this is what I could do...
It is awkward but i wanted to try doing this, myself!

I saw a woodpecker trying to get to the reflection of a tree the other day...
It was there banging its beak at the window for about 30 minutes to an hour. Maybe longer.
I wished i could tell it to give up. Strangely it took short breaks at a nearby REAL tree, but would fly back to the window and repeat the ritual again.
I don't understand why.

I used the videos I took to make this video.

We have about 1 and a half more day till this Season ends.
Looking forward to the next video!

Last edited:
Everybody's got something to hide except me and my Monkey

(did I say it was before 7AM) :)

Ahoy
Better late than never :D
The past few weeks have been more busy than expected and I have found little time to record and such but today I recorded and subtitled this song about a cat that vanished.

Ahoy!
You're not late at all, sir! We still have a day to go!
I will listen to yours in a minute. Just gonna upload an impromptu i did with my nephew....:)
My nephew Gylan wanted to record a song for a cartoon character he made up called Pig-man.
So we did.

Here's a little ditty that I think I probably heard on 'Junior choice' as a child.
Berni & Jim, I did this especially for you, but make sure you watch right to the end! [sorry]

the bit at the end doesn't actually mention animals, but it seemed vaguely appropriate. I think the verses do mention animals, but I don't know the verses [and I made up the chords!]

Kinda got this one done at the last minute! This song is one of my daughter's favorites so we did a collab! Video is of our new babies, Mira and Hina, we adopted about 3 weeks ago. They're sweet, mischievous children, and we love them so much! Hope ya'll like it!

Top Bottom