Season 497: Wunderbar!

This is my first entry and maybe second recording of myself. So apologies for poor quality this is one take on phone and I don't know how to edit or improve the sound of this.

Welcome to the seasons! I think there are plenty of members of the “Record Directly To One‘s Phone“ club.

A clever theme this week!
I tried to look up a couple of songs, but unfortunately didn't manage to learn them properly. I have enjoyed everyones video though, good job!

The folks in Louisiana are in fir a rough time again. So here’s a Hank Williams song that might invoke happier thoughts. It’s in Cajun (the melange of Acadian/French-Canadian and indigenous languages that can be beautiful and hilarious).

The folks in Louisiana are in fir a rough time again. So here’s a Hank Williams song that might invoke happier thoughts. It’s in Cajun (the melange of Acadian/French-Canadian and indigenous languages that can be beautiful and hilarious).

Or … for a rough time …

It's a miracle! I covered all three sub-themes, Ylle! Here is one from my youth by Barry Manilow, whom people loved to ridicule, but I am a fan. Can't be helped. I was lucky enough to see him in Oklahoma City when I was about 13 years old. What a showman. He started his career as Bette Midler's pianist, and if you've ever seen her live, you will know where he learned all his tricks.

It's A Miracle
Barry Manilow

Beer Run - Todd Snider

It doesn't have a bar in it and the protagonists may not be old enough to get into one legally, but it's about drinking, so it may not even be eligible for this season, but I'd already made the video before I thought of that so. . .

A Cat Power song kicked off this wonderful Season. As we get close to last call, here's another...

Another that doesn't explicitly happen in a bar, but definitely opens with a line about drinking with a chorus that shines a light on the darker side of the Cheers theme song. The name of the band also helps transition us into Edwin's season. Thanks for hosting this one Ylle.

I thought Ralf would nail this one, but turns out he and Eric both played excellent covers way back in Season 80-something.

Zarah Leander mentioned a wonder in her song from 1939.
Cologne brothers/band "Brings" brought back this song in 2008. It's an abolute carnival top act now.
The "real" melody for me is a bit difficult, as my ears flatten the "fine tune", also Leander often sings a kind of Sprechgesang. And everybody seems to vary a bit.

Last edited:
'k Zag twee beren broodjes smeren is all about miraculous actions done by animals. Maybe it's the result from drinking too much in a bar that the singer witnesses everything? I seriously messed this up, a key change too many, but there's no time for a second take.

https://www.mamalisa.com/?t=es&p=925

Thank you all so much! This Wunderbar Season is now over. Your songs and performances were terrific.
I'll update the playlist later today and make a wrap in a few days.

And now to Season 498, mending and fixing.

Season 497 WRAP

Thank you all for Wunderbar Season 497!
We had 57 songs from 34 Seasonistas: bar songs, miracle songs and songs with words in another language in them.

The little prizes, drink coasters (100% Finnish laminate), were drawn by Mr Housecat and Ms Housecat. The winners are:
- Joo
- UkeFoote
- Elmann

Please let me know your mail address and I'll send you the prizes.

Thank you, everyone, for this great Season!

Top Bottom