SEASON 503 "SUPERMARKET SWEEP!!!"

Good morning/afternoon/evening, dear Seasonistas! A big thanks to Pa, John, Graham, Stanley, Steve, Alan and Heinz, who got their shopping baskets out yesterday (well MY yesterday.) And this morning, I wake up to find a naked torso and song from Charley (CHARLEY!!!) and another song from Pa (dressed.) AND two corny jokes ... thank you Pa and Mark! I'll update the Playlist in a minute. Please keep the songs coming today ... I look forward to seeing what you bring.

one from the budget chickenman archives that mentions various cheeses... and refects on the sadness of not being able to share them with a missing loved one.

My first contribution this week involves two naughty ladies and a whole number of UK Chain stores (some on open display and some hidden within the song) - see how many you can count.

Hope you enjoy this tale of

PS An extra gold star if you can guess what area of the British Isles each protagonist is supposed to be from

Last edited:
I did try to get a whole song out of this one liner - but couldn't get it to go anywhere.

"My girlfriend said she wanted me to take her down the aisle... so, I took her to Tesco's"

I went out and got some milk this morning, so here's a song about milk, or rather, a song about someone who doesn't want milk. It's a Herman's Hermits song (one for the kids, there):

I read a comment recently remarking on "bands from the 60s that nobody remembers, like Herman's Hermits". Well I remember them and I wasn't born! On the other hand, when I was growing up I had a radio that I could only manage to tune to BBC Radio 2, and if you're familiar with their output, it probably explains a lot of my musical taste.

This involves an 8 string baritone, a doubled vocal, a tenor, and someone who has apparently become immune to scorn.

I did try to get a whole song out of this one liner - but couldn't get it to go anywhere.

"My girlfriend said she wanted me to take her down the aisle... so, I took her to Tesco's"
Here's one from me.

Years ago, Shakespeare wrote a play about a young pig who seeks revenge for his father, who was served with corn and cole slaw.

The play is Hamlet.
Thank you, Gentleman ... much appreciated!

This brand of honey is popular in supermarkets in Tupelo. I believe Elvis used to enjoy it on his peanut butter sandwiches.
I was hoping you could see the nice bottlebrush tree in bloom outside my window...but it got bleached out by the sun's backlighting.

I meant to say Season 503! Anyway it’s in the description. Here’s a tune I just made up on my newest acquisition…a harp uke.
“Ice Cream Sunday” instrumental.
You’d think this instrument would be easy to play but for me it’s proving more difficult than I thought!

This brand of honey is popular in supermarkets in Tupelo. I believe Elvis used to enjoy it on his peanut butter sandwiches.
I was hoping you could see the nice bottlebrush tree in bloom outside my window...but it got bleached out by the sun's backlighting.

Tupelo honey is my favorite flavor. Haven’t had it our area for years now.
Also like your version of the song.

And greetings, Seasonistas! Very many thanks to Jim, John, Janet and Pa, whose baskets turned up at the checkout "overnight" ... thank you all! Please keep those songs coming today ... I'll update the Playlist in a moment.

Top Bottom