Season 509 - ‘Water, water everywhere…’

Hi Ila - YouTube seems to have assumed that your video is ‘just for kids’ (I can’t imagine why :LOL:), so I can neither leave a comment nor add it to the playlist. Could you change the setting please? Thank you! 🙂
Sorry! Done.

Thanks for hosting Delvinator! Here's one from Paul Kelly, Australia's prolific singer - songwriter. It's a "circle of life" type song. A story song of the type he does so well.

Mr. Noah - learned from the Dave Van Ronk Folksinger LP. I'm not sure if Dave wrote it or if it's an old folk song, but it sure fits the season topic.
Speaking of precipitation, we had our first Port Hope snowfall today. It's all gone now.

Waiting for a Train (Blue Yodel #4) Jimmie Rodgers 1929

Since Del has kindly placed no restrictions on the number of songs, I just finished recording "Mr. Noah" about five minutes before this one.

Hi again, Del! Here is my second for your week. It's from the musical, The Pajama Game. The musical is based on the book, 7 1/2 cents, by Richard Bissell, and it tells the story of the workers at a pajama factory trying to get a 7 1/2 cent raise. Hence, the mention of the union in the song. The song is sung by the character Gladys Hotchkiss, played both on stage(1954) and screen(1957) by dancer/singer/choreographer Carol Haney, who won a Tony award for her performance in the play. Since I know you are crazy about musicals, I thought you would enjoy it :- )

Steam Heat
Jerry Ross/Richard Adler

Hi again, Del! Here is my second for your week. It's from the musical, The Pajama Game. The musical is based on the book, 7 1/2 cents, by Richard Bissell, and it tells the story of the workers at a pajama factory trying to get a 7 1/2 cent raise. Hence, the mention of the union in the song. The song is sung by the character Gladys Hotchkiss, played both on stage(1954) and screen(1957) by dancer/singer/choreographer Carol Haney, who won a Tony award for her performance in the play. Since I know you are crazy about musicals, I thought you would enjoy it :- )

Steam Heat
Jerry Ross/Richard Adler

Liz that was nothing short of AWESOME. Do Fernando's Hideaway next!

Good morning you lovely people! Not even 24 hours in and we have 18 songs on the playlist already! I’m a happy and grateful boy - thank you all! :)
Just one small request if I may - I’m not averse to a bit of banter here on the thread, but could comments on others’ songs be posted on YouTube rather than here please, just to keep things neat and tidy? Thanks so much! 🙂

Last edited:
Hello all.

I am cheating this week as the song I chose does not mention water, though is does mention drowning and I feel of late like I have been drowning in the sea of life - which is why I have not been very active in the past few weeks.

Partaking in the seasons has been very uplifting for my mentality since I started in early 2018 and I am aiming to start being more active again as being part of this community brings me joy.

Thank you all for existing.

Hello Del and thanks for hosting this week ... I have always thought that "Water Aid" was a very sensible charity; good on ya!
This is just a silly comment - I promise that I will post something tomorrow - but has anyone else noticed how similar those pictures of Jim and Mr. Extra Cheese are, following on from one another as they do? They could be twins!!!

Hey, Del!

Thanks for donning the hosting cap!
Here's a song which features far too much water that I first heard on Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds' covers album, Kicking Against The Pricks. It was originally recorded by bluegrass legends the Seldom Scene and has been covered by a fair few folk over the years.

Anyway, must dash...I think I've left the bath running...

I'm sure we've all had the sort of day when we get home and just want to make a very loud noise indeed. Well, I was making that sort of noise this evening with a uke on my sofa (admittedly, it's hard to make a particularly loud noise with a uke, but still...) and it occurred to me that it fit the theme, so I made the noise into a camera and mic instead. Here's what it sounded like:

This song doesn't really suit me, I don't think, but I don't care :). I didn't crop out the pint glass that made it into the shot either.

Here's an old country song that's been covered by many. I first heard Frankie Laine's version. The accompanying image is a recent large (1200 x 900) acrylic painting I did recently. 4' x 3' to you Imperialistic devils. It is taken from Silverton in far west NSW. An old mining town on the edge of the outback. Some of the original Mad Max was filmed round there. Kind of fits the song.

And a River or two…

Sigh- Justin Townes Earl song there
And just because we had another in us

Hi again, Del! Tell me when to stop… :- )
Here is one I first heard Joe Cocker do on one of my parents’ LPs. I know there are many versions of this song, but his is my very favorite.

Cry Me A River
Arthur Hamilton

Top Bottom