Poor chap, he always loved larking
And now he’s dead
It must have been too cold for him his heart gave way,
They said.

Oh, no no no, it was too cold always
(Still the dead one lay moaning)
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.

Hello again everyone! I’ve hosted 9 or 10 Seasons and this one now has the second highest number of entries (73 on the playlist with a few more still to add when I get some time later). Thank you all! Please keep them coming! :)

And we have a new Seasonista in our midst - Ruth! Welcome! :)

A version of "Looking For Water" (2003) by David Bowie, with some Boss SY-1 pedal effects.

Here's a really quick recording I made this morning while my girlfriend was drinking her tea...I wanted to finish recording by the time she finished!

Good morning Seasonistas! Another fine crop of songs and videos - and I’m up to date with playlist and comments. (Insomnia has its uses when it comes to Seasons hosting duties!) Please let me know if I’ve missed anything!

We‘re up to 85 songs on the playlist (that’s £85 for WaterAid) - an outstanding total, and there’s still over a day to go. Thank you all! :)

Hello folks.
Sorry I have been quiet. Manic week.
Here is Rivers Run, a song by Karine Polwart.
It came on the radio when I was doing the dishes.
Not my usual style at all, but sometimes it's good to choose something out of your comfort zone! A bit of a one take wonder, I'm afraid.

My "Thornton" Rule Baritone guitalele pressed into service for this one. The Caramel, Luna and Ortega baritone 6 er doohickeys seem to be eternally unavailable, must be some sort of bug going round !

We're walking in the air
We're floating in the moonlit sky
The people far below are sleeping as we fly
I'm holding very tight
I'm riding in the midnight blue
I'm finding I can fly so high above with you
Far across the world
The villages go by like trees
The rivers and the hills
The forests and the streams
Children gaze open mouth
Taken by surprise
Nobody down below believes their eyes
We're surfing in the air
We're swimming in the frozen sky
We're drifting over icy mountains floating by
Suddenly swooping low on an ocean deep
Arousing of a mighty monster from its sleep
We're walking in the air
We're dancing in the midnight sky
And everyone who sees us greets us as we fly

Songwriters: Howard David Blake

Take your time. Take it easy.

How I love this Johnny Osbourne dancehall banger...

Stay hydrated, y'all!

Last chance for me to post what was flowing through my mind Saturday and Sunday...."And It Stoned Me."

Good evening all! I’m 12 hours late announcing the end of the season - sorry for the delay, it’s not been the easiest day. But…. I still have a couple of songs to listen to and comment on. I’ll announce the final numbers tomorrow in the season wrap, along with the certificate winner(s?). Thanks all soooo very much for your participation and your wonderful music - it’s been a great week! :)

Top Bottom