Season 517: Wind

There was a bit of discussion early on about "The Wind They Call Mariah" I thought someone may have had a go by now. Anyway here is my take.
I was pleased I managed to do it without looking at chords or words, although I will admit it took a few takes.

Low hanging fruit possibly, but one of my favorite of songs played by
Lynyrd Skynyrd from the 1976 One More From The Road live album.

This one is by the Talking Heads but I like Peter Gabriel's version better.

Guys, I need your help! I have only 26 videos on the YT playlist. I got a lot of covers and original works that are exceptional and outstanding. I can't thank you enough for that. Now, It's the middle of the contest and I'm asking all of you to help blow some more wind-related songs in this direction. If you can blow more songs in for this week, we can make it right into the big, ol' homestretch. That's all for now. Thank you.

My instrumental version of "The Breeze and I" on Bari sized gitaleletar thing.

Reactions: joo
Demon Lover. This is a cover of a Michael P Smith song. It is a retelling of the House Carpenter, set in present day New Jersey. You may to crank up the volume as I sing this softly.
The chorus starts “The gypsy wind says to me…..”

Last edited:
Reactions: joo
Hello again, Dave! It suddenly occurred to me that this song fulfils this week's theme as it includes the word "breeze." I resisted the temptation to attempt an impersonation of Maurice Chevalier!

A Finnish song from 1965, "Where The Wind Takes You" (1965) by Toivo Kärki. Instrumental version:

Here's my first for this week. I couldn't manage one before, because I have been a full time nurse to Carmen, who has had a three day negative reaction (fever and headaches) to her "booster" shot. But she's a lot better today, so I managed to find a moment to record this one. I hope to find a moment to write another one inspired by a wine bottle with a lovely name here in Catalunya.

Hope you enjoy:

When I started on this song, I had no idea what a Black Ball Liner was. Now I do and am the better man for it.

Hi! Heard several covers of this one (most notably Rosemary Clooney's), but it has a really sad final verse I excluded because, well, I did. It harshes the mellow of the general feel of the song, anyway. Thanks for listening --

I could only find two chords that suited the way I sang the song - I’m sure more experienced players could find them! Anyway I tried to make it interesting.

Here’s one of my favourite Eurythmics songs. Try to listen to the end if you can - it builds all the way. Headphones/earbuds recommended! :)

I want to thank you all for responding to my time of need. I hope all of you can make more.

Top Bottom