Season 520: 10th Anniversary Dance Party Extravaganza!

Oh, it's been YEARS since I participated in the Seasons, but it's a wonderful program—an institution, really—and though I've regressed in my playing and video-production values, I wanted to be in this historic celebration. This is the first time I've played in five years. Nice to see so many uke buddies and many more new faces.

Why not do Sway to a reggae rhythm with a Scottish accent and have Russians dance to it...my moto has always been "Never let good taste stand in the way of style"

Oh, it's been YEARS since I participated in the Seasons, but it's a wonderful program—an institution, really—and though I've regressed in my playing and video-production values, I wanted to be in this historic celebration. This is the first time I've played in five years. Nice to see so many uke buddies and many more new faces.

Good to see you Ginny. I wondered who would bring this song. Glad you did. I too havent been back for a long while and it has been a nice reunion to see all the old faces.

Nice job on Waltzing Matilda and nice to meet a long time Seasonista Ginny. You must have your video set to "for kids" because I was not allowed to comment on YouTube.

Here's a story about missing the great love.
For me an absolutely gem from James Hill. No idea, if this is originally from him.

Have a look at the duet in a barn with his wife Anne Janelle. His Uke is tuned in D with a capo on 2nd fret, i.e. playing in E, but using C-tune patterns.

Here's a story about missing the great love.
For me an absolutely gem from James Hill. No idea, if this is originally from him.

Have a look at the duet in a barn with his wife Anne Janelle. His Uke is tuned in D with a capo on 2nd fret, i.e. playing in E, but using C-tune patterns.

Nicely, done Sir!

Maggie's Anniversary Waltz - Jim Yates - July 14, 1994.

For Jim's SOTU 520 - 10th Anniversary Dance Party Extravaganza (Sorry Jim - I was a week late crediting the host, but now it's fixed.)

Coincidentaly, I wrote this on Maggie's and my 10th Wedding Anniversary (best move I ever made). Al Kirby and I recorded it on our Kirby & Yates - Sittin'In The Kitchen CD. I played guitar, mandolin and English concertina on this. Al played banjo and Paul Johnson (our engineer) played bass. Today, I added a ukulele to the mix. Since we didn't leave the count in on the recording, the opening is a bit futzy, but it's as close as I'm gonna get. Let me know if anyone wants a lead sheet.

Maggie and I have done a few turns around the front room to this.

Happy Birthday Mr. Persky!🎼🎸

What a corker! Nicely done.

Nice job on Waltzing Matilda and nice to meet a long time Seasonista Ginny. You must have your video set to "for kids" because I was not allowed to comment on YouTube.
Thanks, Jim. I thought I was just declaring it to be a p***-free video; I didn't realize it would cut off comments. I've changed it. Now it's a fully adult video. Ha.

Here is my selection for this week...

Top Bottom