Season # 533: "Spring Break"

I just recently retired from over three decades of video production. Funny, my home FCPX setup is actually better than the one I had at work. They were all switching to Premiere, which I just don't enjoy working in as much as Final Cut Pro.

Interestingly enough, I've never really cut with FCP....I went from AVID Newscutter > Media 100 > AVID Media Composer > Premiere Pro > Media Composer.

For my music video stuff, I like cutting in Premiere Pro. Syncing music is such a breeze with it. That and AVID doesn't really like AVC files from my webcam.

Anyway, I'm always open to constructive criticism if I'm missing anything glaring. ps - congrats on retirement!

Interestingly enough, I've never really cut with FCP....I went from AVID Newscutter > Media 100 > AVID Media Composer > Premiere Pro > Media Composer.

For my music video stuff, I like cutting in Premiere Pro. Syncing music is such a breeze with it. That and AVID doesn't really like AVC files from my webcam.

Anyway, I'm always open to constructive criticism if I'm missing anything glaring. ps - congrats on retirement!
Thanks. Every day feels like The Perfect Crime now, since retiring. I get up at the crack of eleven and stay up wayyy too late every night, usually uking. FCPX can do multicam synch via audio, just like Premiere. I just prefer the User Interface, for me it and the magnetic timeline are just a more fun and intuitive interface, less switching around to menus. Supposedly there's a Premiere refresh coming that will improve Premiere's UI. I just don't want to rent my software; i wanna own it outright. But I may also try dabbling in DaVinci Resolve, since the free version is so powerful and multi-platform. We now return you to our regular programming.

I can so clearly remember BEGGING my parents for this single in 1981. I was 9 and this was the B side to the hit for that year, We Got The Beat. Gave it a kitchen session rinsing for ya-
Had not heard this one before. Thanks for introducing it.

my favourite chart song from the year i left school by miles...
impromptu, unhinged, Neneh Cherry
sometimes i just make em up as i go sans safety net 🤠
This would kill with a small drum kit behind it.

Song the year I left school '73. A favourite aussie rock blues band - Chain. This song also references the nostalgia inherent in the theme. Plugged in using garage band amp simulation. Some harp too. 3rd position for the harpistes :) out there.

Song the year I left school '73. A favourite aussie rock blues band - Chain. This song also references the nostalgia inherent in the theme. Plugged in using garage band amp simulation. Some harp too. 3rd position for the harpistes :) out there.
Garage Band makes me happy. Logic is way more advanced, but you know, I have yet to push the limits of GB and I find it intuitive to use. The amp models and the pedal effects in it can kill several hours of noodling for me... with the headphones on of course.

Here is a song I remember from my senior year of high school. I liked it better than the ones that came out in 1982 and we danced to it at our senior prom.

Sorry about getting the season number wrong, I do that occasionally.

Thanks for hosting, Mark.
Here’s a song from the year I left school, 1985. Big hit here in the UK, not sure about elsewhere. Added some synth bass, pads, keys and rhythm, along with some vocal harmonies in the chorus.

Thanks for hosting, Mark.
Here’s a song from the year I left school, 1985. Big hit here in the UK, not sure about elsewhere. Added some synth bass, pads, keys and rhythm, along with some vocal harmonies in the chorus.

Very nice work! I like how restrained your mix is; I always tend to go a little overboard when many times, less is more. This clip of yours reminded me very much of of Johnny Rivers' "Slow Dancin'"

Here is a song I remember from my senior year of high school. I liked it better than the ones that came out in 1982 and we danced to it at our senior prom.

Sorry about getting the season number wrong, I do that occasionally.
This is one of those numbers that comes up a lot at our pizza restaurant get-togethers here, and it's funny how many people request it but can't get near the highest notes themselves. And they forget it's out of their range until they get to those parts. Every time, lol. But you've got this! It takes confidence to do this song. Thanks!

Fuller description mumbled in the fillum,
its a departure from the brief, but I think
a justified one !! See wotcha think.

We always look forward to the beginning of a holiday or a break... but there is also the time when it has to come to an end.

We see it in nature when the birds migrate... we see it in the tattered wings of bees that have worked all summer long. Seems there is a season for every thing... it is good to know when its time to go... perhaps Randy did.
Summer’s End ©2018 Randy McSorley

[G] [Cm] [G] [Am] [D7]
When the [G] days are growing [Dm] shorter
And the [C] sun is hanging [Cm] low
When the [G] birds take flight for warmer [Dm] quarters
I [C] watch and so I [Cm] know
That an-[G] other warm season’s [Cm] coming to a [G] close [Am] [D7]

When the [G] moon on the hor-[Dm] izon
Shines on [C] fields of orange and [Cm] gold
When O- [G] rion’s stars are [Dm] risin’
There are [C] tales that should be [Cm] told
Of an-[G] other warm season [Cm] coming to a [G] close

So [C] many brilliant days be-[G] hind
So [Cm] many wondrous times a-[Am] head [D7]

That an-[G] other warm season’s [Cm] coming to a [G] close [Am] [D7]

If you [G] think of sunny [Dm] meadows
All the [C] joy and all the [Cm] cheer
And the [G] sand that’s between your [Dm] toes
There is [C] nothing you can [Cm] fear
As an-[G] other cold season’s [Cm] going to be [G] here

That an-[G] other warm season’s [Cm] coming to a [G] close

I get a Donovan feel from this one for some reason....

No time to transcribe and learn this song but has anyone else heard James Taylor’s “Oh the Jolly Springtime”?

Top Bottom