Season 534 “Cookies”.

CeeJay

Cookies Season 534 - Leftover Biscuits. These may not be the biscuits that are the uk version of
cookies, but it uses the word biscuit .

I looked at Joe Bonamassa's "Jelly Roll" and Stevie Ray Vaughan
and Lonnie Mack's "Oreo Creme Sandwich Blues"
and shall continue to strive with them, but not this week .

Them two are going to need some work !! LOL

Oh and this a real baritone guilele ,the 1/2 size classical threw a tuning cog
and it wouldn't have ben economical to repair. (that's what I told Mrs CeeJay anyway !!)
This is a Luna Uke Tribal 6....I may put some heavier strings on the beggar.

jtsteam

Half Uke Half Biscuit
UU VIP
Brian (pabrizzer) commented earlier today that he was expecting a song about computer cookies from me this week. It did occur to me, but I didn't think I'd have time. But once he'd mentioned it, my brain wouldn't let it go. I don't think it fits the current season because it's not about edible cookies, so I posted it on the island instead. I'm sure it can sail back to the mainland if the host is willing though :).

cazteclo

Thanks. The local kindergarten sometimes plays my playlist of children's songs so I set them all to made for kids.
I am almost on summer vacation and then I am going to be more active here with all you wonderful people.
Comments for your video are turned off, but I very much enjoyed listening to you.

Jim Yates

Thanks. The local kindergarten sometimes plays my playlist of children's songs so I set them all to made for kids.
I am almost on summer vacation and then I am going to be more active here with all you wonderful people.
Kids can still watch your videos if they're set for "Not for kids". It just doesn't allow comments or ads. I know my grandkids watch mine.

DelGriff

Thanks for hosting, Janet. :)

Here’s a song I remember from childhood - one of my brothers had a gingerbread man storybook, and this was on an accompanying vinyl single. And I sang it to my own daughter when she was little. :)

gugu & gorilla

Today I played a simple chord progression with my ukulele, pressed record and sang out this poem by Jane Kenyon.
I made the painting in 2018.

Eating the Cookies by Jane Kenyon
The cousin from Maine, knowing about her diverticulitis, let out the nuts,
so the cookies weren’t entirely to my taste, but they were good enough; yes, good enough.
Each time I emptied a drawer or shelf I permitted myself to eat one.
I cleared the closet of silk caftans that slipped easily from clattering hangers,
and from the bureau I took her nightgowns and sweaters, financial documents
neatly cinctured in long gray envelopes, and the hairnets and peppermints
she’d tucked among Lucite frames abounding with great-grandchildren,
solemn in their Christmas finery.
Finally the drawers were empty, the bags full,
and the largest cookie, which I had saved for last,
lay solitary in the tin with a nimbus of crumbs around it.
There would be no more parcels from Portland.
I took it up and sniffed it, and before eating it,
pressed it against my forehead,

because it seemed like the next thing to do.

Barbablanca

UU VIP
UU VIP
Hello, Janet, and very many thanks for hosting this week. For the first time ever, I am not going to be able to take part as I have Covid, which means my voice is in tatters ... it'll give me more time to listen to everyone else, though! (And I had found a most peculiar song, too ... I'll just have to see if I can shoehorn it into another Season.)
Get well soon, Val!

Barbablanca

UU VIP
UU VIP
Thought I was done for this week, but then I woke up this morning with the opening lines of this first short song in my mind. It's an etymological cookie song!

As it was so short I threw in some Kooky lyrics to the tune of Hava Naghila that I wrote for a theatre performance many years back.

Note: Peak Freans was a British biscuit manufacturer that was bought out by giant company Nabisco in the late 1980s.

Hope you like:

bonesigh

Hello, Janet, and very many thanks for hosting this week. For the first time ever, I am not going to be able to take part as I have Covid, which means my voice is in tatters ... it'll give me more time to listen to everyone else, though! (And I had found a most peculiar song, too ... I'll just have to see if I can shoehorn it into another Season.)
I’m sorry you’re not feeling well. Hopefully you won’t get it too bad. Take care of yourself and we’ll see you in another Season!

bonesigh

Pa has a cookie jar that ends up empty but the tune is full!

Jim Yates brings a nice watermelon song. Fun one Jim! We have a festival here in Berryville at a place called Watermelon Park and it’s coming up pretty soon, so this is very fitting.

Flatbaroque…3rd song? Anyway lovely little song with pies and a cookie!

bonesigh

Wee is keeping his cookies to himself! But at least he is sharing a song with us. Love it Wee.

Joo, gugu & gorilla brings some entertainment with an old cartoon I remember watching when little. Fun to watch it again and listen to lyrics that she made up that go with it fantastically. Plus musical.ly artistic. Thank you Joo.

Cua94 brings us a baker of cookies. Done very well! Thank you.

UkeFoote

I sure hope you’re feeling better, Val! (Insert flower emoji)

Desert Pavement

Rock Doctor
UU VIP
Hope you're on the mend Val and feeling better soon.

LimousinLil

UU VIP
UU VIP
Thank you, Janet, Brian and Andy for the kind words ... I think I'm getting better now! (Brian, my flower never showed up, but THANK YOU!)

Ms Bean

I just wanted to let you know that I will be a bit absent for a while.

My Dad got terrible news midweek that his body has stopped responding to his treatment. He's currently in hospital, but the medical team is working hard to get him strong enough to go home for the final stages. I'm driving over tomorrow to see him and to help my Mum as much as possible.

I have found a lovely cookie song, but it won't be on this week's playlist, I guess.

CeeJay

Ah, but jelly roll, as it's used in blues lyrics, is far from boring or mudane. I'm sure you didn't miss the double entendre CeeJay.

Peg Leg Howell sang:
You know I've never been to church and I've never been to school
No I ain't never been to church and ain't never been to school

But when it comes to jelly, I'm a jelly-rollin' fool

Bessie Smith sang:
Somebody told me I made the best jelly roll In town
You must admit that I'm a jelly roll bakin' hound
Good jelly roll, jelly roll is so hard to find
We always get the other kind

Nobody in town can bake a sweet jelly roll like mine
Ah ,I got the double entendre Jim, but I had to know what the actual comestible was.

Bit like crosscut saw !! Which is Feeeeeltheeeeeeeee !! LOL

bonesigh

Since I can’t remember so many in a row because I’ve been under the weather and so busy. I am splitting this up obviously.

Now we have…Cookies by morningdove. Wow! What a great song for your first song written. I love the melody and the chord progression. Keep it up!

Oh Liz but YOU are a delicious. Forget about cookies. I’ve actually had this experience as I’m sure a lot of mothers have. It wasn’t cookies but some thing else and I had to clean it up.
But we love it don’t we!
I love absolutely everything you did with this. What more can I say you are I wander. I’m sure all agree.

cazteclo…. what a great song you brought. Unfortunately I cannot add it to the playlist or comment on it on YouTube because it is made for kids.
But anyway this is a great song and you show that you are very capable with the ukulele as it is hard to sing and pluck out a tune at the same time. Thank you for this gingerbread man song.

bonesigh

I just wanted to let you know that I will be a bit absent for a while.

My Dad got terrible news midweek that his body has stopped responding to his treatment. He's currently in hospital, but the medical team is working hard to get him strong enough to go home for the final stages. I'm driving over tomorrow to see him and to help my Mum as much as possible.

I have found a lovely cookie song, but it won't be on this week's playlist, I guess.
Sorry to hear about your dad. Best wishes to y’all and your family. I can still add your cookie song later on just post it here when you can.