Season 541: Oh no! I left the toilet seat up!

Voran

Reaction score
Since women had a season where we got to complain about men, it's only fair that men get to complain about us. Does your wife get on your nerves? Does she needle you about leaving the toilet seat up? Tell us about it here!

This week's rules:

- Songs must feature a badly behaved female
- List Season number in the title of your Youtube video
- Ukulele visible, please.
- Your main instrument must be the uke - you can include others, but the uke should take center stage
- Season officially begins 26/06/2022 (I'm posting early in case I forget lol) and end 03/07/2022, but you can still post before and after.

Thanks for stepping up Voran.
I'm not sure what poor Crow Jane has done here (besides having good posture) . But Skip James's narrator seems somewhat peeved at her in this old blues song

Hey, Voran

Cheers for hosting!

Here's one that rather neatly (for me at least) bridges the gap between Dave's punk season drawing to a close and yours beginning.
The Cramps were already looming large in my mind so this was the very first song that I thought of! My apologies for any sweeping generalisations made during the next two and three quarter minutes...

Hey, Voran

Cheers for hosting!

Here's one that rather neatly (for me at least) bridges the gap between Dave's punk season drawing to a close and yours beginning.
The Cramps were already looming large in my mind so this was the very first song that I thought of! My apologies for any sweeping generalisations made during the next two and three quarter minutes...

Ok this one made me laugh. Horns would be useful sometimes!

Thanks for hosting, Voran. Here is a cover of "Lucille" by Kenny Rogers that was popular in the late 70s.

Oh my! Lucille has liquid nitrogen for blood!

Great topic Voran. Here's the first song that popped into my head:
HARD HEARTED HANNAH Jack Yellen, Bob Bigelow, Charles Bates & Milton Ager 1924

I'm sure Hannah probably forgets to put the toilet seat back up when she's done.

Last edited:
I was struggling to think of something for this theme, since I don't really want to complain. So, I'm going to subvert the topic a teensy bit and see if I get away with it...

If the requirement is that songs must contain badly behaved women, well... there's been plenty of them throughout history, or at least they were badly behaved according to what society expected of them. And I decided I wanted to celebrate that because, after all, nobody ever changed the world by doing as they were told.

If you're annoying people in authority, maybe you're doing something right. We need that as much as ever. Here's the "troublemakers" in question:

Hello, Voran ... and thanks for hosting! This is an oldie but goodie, about a poor chap who has been publicly humiliated by the woman in his life ...

"I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better" by the Byrds. A collaboration with the dynamic BobJKing on six string tenor ukulele and singing. Brian adds bass, fuzz tenor ukulele, and background vocals. Thanks for hosting Voran!

"I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better" by the Byrds. A collaboration with the dynamic BobJKing on six string tenor ukulele and singing. Brian adds bass, fuzz tenor ukulele, and background vocals. Thanks for hosting Voran!

Haha! It's not often I'm called dynamic these days, but I'll take it...Thanks for the opportunity to collaborate! I'm a huge fan of what you do so this was a real thrill! Cheers, man.

Top Bottom