Season 546...can we revisit Season 54?

"Big Bird", by Eddie Floyd, for concert ukulele and singing, with overdubs of electric bass and whistling.
Here's to you, Dave... your work with these beautiful critters leaves me simultaneously full of respect and envy!

doing double duty for season 547

Last edited:
This be my last one, cheers for hosting Dave. Bluebirds are singin' a song in this one.............

Reactions: TCK
"Big Bird", by Eddie Floyd, for concert ukulele and singing, with overdubs of electric bass and whistling.
Here's to you, Dave... your work with these beautiful critters leaves me simultaneously full of respect and envy!

Me too. Love raptors and corvids.

Reactions: TCK
It's not quite midnight in Hawaii, thank goodness.

Though it's a scary, horror-punk night here in the Pacific northwest for this disorganized Seasonista...

Thank you, TCK, for everything you do <3

I got one of those one-song-for-2-seasons entry here!
I love Martin Parr's photography and I got a feeling he would have taken some good photos of people with shopping bags....thinking of something for Brian's Bag theme...and I found this photo, which looks great to me.
I came up with this and realised it fits your theme, Dave.
Thanks so much for being such a wonderful host. And the work you do with the birds.

It is illegal to feed pigeons here (Singapore), but some people do it anyway. I think it is the same in some countries....

I had a hunch you guys were going to go for one last rally after I went to bed. LOVE IT! I just finished my 45th first day of school, and was looking forward to a few more here.

Brian- YES!!! Excellent song here and I love how you do these multi-tracks...so dang smooth. Thanks for getting here Brian, and performing this for us.

Marc- How did this not get here until the final hour? I dunno, but I am glad it is here. Your mellow treatment of it has me smiling ear to ear- excellent bring sir.

Ralf- I knew you'd get here! Glad I didn't put Irene to bed, because it ain't over until theonlyukethatmatters gets one in. You certainly ain't no god damn sonnofabitch, and this is a cracking late night performance. Thank you sir. And yes he is. :):):)

Joo- Unfortunately, pigeons or Rock Doves can become pretty bad pests when they realize people are a source of food...but people feed them here. Shoot, even Tom Lehrer feeds them (can't believe no one did that song). Anyway, a tame pigeon is about the sweetest pet bird there is. Every time we get one in at the center, we all fall for it. Thank you for this little ditty just in time to close us out.

I asked you all to cheer me up this week as I was gutted by what I am seeing, we all are at the center. My last day in the hospital was Thursday and I have never been happy to leave and go back to my work that pays me, but this week I have to admit I was relieved it was over. There is something about knowing how talented your team is, and how many successes we have had, and then being rendered collectively helpless and resigned to do what needs to be done to insure that pain is limited. In any event, this week afforded me a much needed break from what I was seeing there, and I sincerely appreciate it. I have only met a few of you in person but I sense you are all extraordinary people, which is why I return here week after week. In any event, thank you for this gift- it meant the world to me and lifted my spirits like you could not know. Much love brothers and sisters.

Last edited:
I had a hunch you guys were going to go for one last rally after I went to bed. LOVE IT! I just finished my 45th first day of school, and was looking forward to a few more here.

Brian- YES!!! Excellent song here and I love how you do these multi-tracks...so dang smooth. Thanks for getting here Brian, and performing this for us.

Marc- How did this not get here until the final hour? I dunno, but I am glad it is here. Your mellow treatment of it has me smiling ear to ear- excellent bring sir.

Ralf- I knew you'd get here! Glad I didn't put Irene to bed, because it ain't over until theonlyukethatmatters gets one in. You certainly ain't no god damn sonnofabitch, and this is a cracking late night performance. Thank you sir. And yes he is. :):):)

Joo- Unfortunately, pigeons or Rock Doves can become pretty bad pests when they realize people are a source of food...but people feed them here. Shoot, even Tom Lehrer feeds them (can't believe no one did that song). Anyway, a tame pigeon is about the sweetest pet bird there is. Every time we get one in at the center, we all fall for it. Thank you for this little ditty just in time to close us out.

I asked you all to cheer me up this week as I was gutted by what I am seeing, we all are at the center. My last day in the hospital was Thursday and I have never been happy to leave and go back to my work that pays me, but this week I have to admit I was relieved it was over. There is something about knowing how talented your team is, and how many successes we have had, and then being rendered collectively helpless and resigned to do what needs to be done to insure that pain is limited. In any event, this week afforded me a much needed break from what I was seeing there, and I sincerely appreciate it. I have only met a few of you in person but I sense you are all extraordinary people, which is why I return here week after week. In any event, thank you for this gift- it meant the world to me and lifted my spirits like you could not know. Much love brothers and sisters.

Thanks so much for the week, Dave ... and I hope that it HAS, indeed, cheered you! I hope also that the situation with your precious birds will improve soon.

was a great week Dave, thank you for it
i'll just leave this here and back away slowly...

Top Bottom