Season 546...can we revisit Season 54?

This is a one hit wonder by Daniel Boone in 1972,

It has larks and birds in the lyrics. It is an easy song that is fun to play.

Great Theme!

Seabirds mentioned. Footage from 1900 in Galveston after the cyclone and tidal wave. Shot by Thomas Edison Film.

Reactions: TCK
Hi Dave. Sorry to hear about your fine feathered friends. Here’s one from Jeff Tweedy that mentions birds in the title and first line.

And here is a picture of a puffin from our recent (-ish) trip to Iceland. Hope it brightens your day just a little.

0A433556-AE6D-4BE1-A844-53A1BA46528E.jpeg

Your birds and your passion for them are inspiring…. I’m working on a cover that I think will put a smile on your face. It’s a tough one, hopefully I can get it done in time!

Whew- I had some work to do tonight! Thank you all for your contributions today- so many great songs- lots of new ones for me, and Cockatoos, lovebirds, Cooper's hawks, Puffins and a ton of chickens!!! Great stuff gang- keep em coming!

Wendy- Excellent rendition here- one that didn't even cross my mind...yay new bird reference! I had a Sulpher-crested in college. I had helped a vet I knew save him after a bad breeder situation resulted him having only one leg. loved that bird but alas...he did not love that I had to go to school and then work to feed him. Gave him to a disabled veteran who could spend all his time with him.

Graham- Really well done here- Tracks fit together perfectly. Hope you don't mind a sing-a-long? Thanks for this one, I was really hoping it got here.

Wee- Your commenter who said Brambling Finch is spot on, and I learned a new bird today! What a beauty!!

Ila- Ugh- I have to go back Monday as well. Boss wants us there two weeks early to work on bulletin boards and things. Give you one guess as to how may bulletin boards I have mad during my teaching career...fairly certain there will be some "professional development" in there as well.
Lovely little tune here! Hoping the finger injury didn't get too angry playing this one for us- Thanks for toughing it out

Wee-Haha- You can stand further back Rob! Lovely little song here, and I got it twice today! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Mr. Cheese- YES!!!! So stoked that this song made it here. First because it is a great old tune and you did a very nice job with it, Second, because I LOVE Mockingbirds. Most folks hate them, yelling their heads of at 4am...the amuse me greatly. Excellent bring.

Chris- I don't mind repeats at all, especially with the two great versions we got of this tune. So cool that you got your wife to join you- "Couples Skate" always makes the best music. This is outstanding, and the multi-tracking is masterful. Thanks for sharing this with us. Side note...seeing Lovebirds on a bird feeder is so weird to me ;)

Wee- Hahaha- I loved this one last time I saw it, such a great little song! Thanks for bringing it back for us this week

OK- Lemme know if I left anyone out

Val- I went and got one of my accordions for this one! Even the dogs think we are crazy here, but I have not had a laugh like this in a while! Thank yo so much bringing this one for the week. LOVED THIS.

Haberkow- Wow. That was stunning. Really beautifully performed. I have not heard this song in spite of it being something I should have heard before, so I thank you for the introduction to it, and sharing your version with us this week.

Edwin- Love this one! I have one superstition (other than the one regarding discussing a no-hitter in progress in baseball)... I NEVER during baby bird season say "Boy, it sure is slow today." Anyway- excellent tune here, as always performed so well. Thank you for sharing it with us! Oh- gotta ask because you have mentioned id twice- what is 50/90?

Cee-Jay- Went ahead and broke out my Charango for this version and played along with you. Such a great tune, nicely done. The whistle is great accompaniment! And yes- Massive birds. I have not ever worked with one, but I have seen pictures of people who have and it is mind boggling how big they are.

Jim-Ah man- I just put the single ladies to bed (we call them that because roosters are illegal here)...I will play this for them tomorrow! I have not heard this one before, what a great job on a equally great song. Thanks for playing it for us, and the introduction!

cua94-Funny- the title as the first comment says did not ring a bell, but I knew it the minute you started singing. What a great little song! Fantastic performance here and added Costa Rica shirt (they certainly have a few birds there) bonus! Thanks for bringing this for us!

John- I only know this from Glen Campbell...but compared to that version I really like it this way better. Dialed back and kinda somber- perfect fit with the images. Really nicely done here.

Alan- What a great old song! What I know of Owls- cynical is the kindest (and accurate) way to describe their demeanor. Excellent performance here, thanks for bringing it along and introducing me to it!

Jim part two- more CHICKENS!!!! - Woah- this song escalates quickly! What a great song here (in spite of the death of our protagonist)...Oh well, the world needs fried chicken right? Excellent song well done here- thank you for bringing it along!

Andy- Clearly I am on the wrong side of the break up as I have not heard this one. What a great song here! Excellent bring and nicely played for us. Thank you for this one sir!

Wee- Hahaha- I loved this one last time I saw it, such a great little song! Thanks for bringing it back for us this week

OK- let me know if I left anyone out of the playlist or skipped anything.

Reactions: joo
chicken in a can... a collaboration with Mary Ann... a stop motion animation.

Hahahaha- ya got me, posting at the same time. I cannot get the edit to work so I will post here-
Wee- Ha! That was brilliant!!! Must have take FOREVER, but it is so great. Chicken in a can sounds gross though....

Might as well knock one out before bed- this is an Old 97’s song- Bird in a Cage. Super quiet because everyone is asleep. It is the wrong time for rockin here in the ‘Dale.

Hahahaha- ya got me, posting at the same time. I cannot get the edit to work so I will post here-
Wee- Ha! That was brilliant!!! Must have take FOREVER, but it is so great. Chicken in a can sounds gross though....
Chicken in a can might be bad, but what about pork brains in milk gravy or pickled pigs lips

Attachments

• IMG_20220803_095901.jpg
    IMG_20220803_095901.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20220803_095635.jpg
    IMG_20220803_095635.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 2
Dave, bless you, sir.

When you mentioned spirituals and brought one, I got my inspiration. It’s a regular in the Raleigh Uke Jam repertoire, and about 2/3 of the way through Nevada the Evil Kitty decided to play with a toy bird that tweets when you touch it. Even she feels for the birds. You’ve broken through!

I apologize for the shaky voice. Must be allergies.

I caught this one out ....trying to slip a biscuit / cookie in there. I'm not a total dingbat !!

Song about an albatross

Lyrics:

She is dressed in white oilskin
Yellow gold eyes and a hunting knife for a beak
The white glider swoops down on rapier wings
She skims the crest of a wave
She speaks to me

Join the maelstrom
Obey Poseidon’s call
Feel the high tide surge and the mighty wave roil
Spin in the ocean gyre