Season 566 - Seasonal Songs

Happy Hanukkah, Chag Sameach Charldene! I was singing along. What a treat to hear this from you. I would’ve liked to comment on your YouTube channel. Hope you can figure out how to turn that feature on. 😍
I also wanted to add a congratulatory You Tube comment on Charldene’s post. It was wonderful.

It's hard to find very old songs about Christmas that aren't depressing "tearjerker" songs, but I managed to find one from about 150 years ago. A simple 3-chord song with an easy sing-along chorus that's happy and somewhat humorous. "Hang Up the Baby's Stocking" from 1870.

However, this song isn’t about that game. I read somewhere that Noddy Holder and Jim Lea, respectively lead singer and bassist in Slade, and the song’s creators, earn in the region of £500k a year from this song alone! The song also asks the listener to spare a thought for drummer Don Powell and guitarist Dave Hill. So, here it is…😉
I can believe that... I gather it's so successful that they even earn as much as £50 per year from Spotify!

*runs and hides*

A short and sweet one and my last one for this season. I think I’ve done this one for the seasons before, but I like it, so I’ve recorded it again 😊. Wishing Seasonistas everywhere a Merry Christmas, and a peaceful new year wherever you are.

Here's my contribution to the week. It's a song about the Winter Solstice and our distant ancestors' use of it.
I hope you like it.

BONES FESTES from CATALUNYA

Merry Christmas All, wishing you all the things you wish for yourselves In 2023 xx

A short and sweet one and my last one for this season. I think I’ve done this one for the seasons before, but I like it, so I’ve recorded it again 😊. Wishing Seasonistas everywhere a Merry Christmas, and a peaceful new year wherever you are.

Was that a labradoodle?

And I think that makes 57 videos by 30 Seasonistas.

It is always a bonus when somebody makes their Seasons debut on the week you are hosting, but to have Charldene turn up is a bonus bonus. For those that don't know, she has been pretty well ever-present on the Zoom sessions we started way back in 2020, and seeing her here really filled me with Christmas joy.

I don't know if today/tomorrow will be quiet as people are with their families, or maybe there will be a rush of songs as people try to get away from them! Either way, I will pop in from time to time to see what has happened. Cheers!

What a gorgeous doggy. Dogs are brilliant. No matter how crap a day you might have had, dogs are always so glad to see you. I wouldn’t be without ours.
Agreed. We just came back from a brief trip to the shops. Two things happened as we came in through the door - 1) Dog jumps up and tugs on my wife's glove, then runs off with it. 2) Wife spends five minutes searching the house for the slipper which the dog has stolen while we were out. But things would be boring without her.

Really wanted to participate this week but it doesn’t look like I’m going to manage it, although I’m still hoping I’ll get a quiet moment to run through the playlist. Funny how there’s always such a yawning gap between my expectations of the lead-up to Christmas and the reality - it’s almost like I never learn…

Anyway, a very happy Christmas / Seasonal Celebration of Your Choice to you all 🙂

The first verse was inspired by Edwin's "Lost at Whamageddon"
The second one was inspired by Steve's Chris Rea verse.

Whamageddon is a game that people play
But it's really much more than a game
When things go wrong at Christmas
Then you'll know who to blame
I was driving home for Christmas
Chris Rea was following me
So, I pulled off at the next exit
Mariah Carey was at the BP

Top Bottom