Season 570 - If I Had A Hammer, MC Hammer

Ask anyone working at a call centre what their most important tool is and they will say telephone.

All night long on the broken glass
Livin' in a medicine chest
Mediterranean hotel back sprawled across a roll top desk
The monkey rode the blade on an overhead fan
They paint the donkey blue if you pay
I got a telephone call from Istanbul
My baby's coming home today
Will you sell me one of those if I shave my head
Get me out of town is what Fireball said
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat
Never drive a car when you're dead
Saturday's the festival
Friday's a gem
Dye your hair yellow and raise your hem
Follow me to Beulah's on dry creek road
I got to wear the hat that my baby done sewed
Take me down to buy a tux on Red Rose Bear
Got to cut a hole in the day
I got a telephone call from Istanbul
My baby's coming home today

Last edited:
Hello again! It's Friday evening in Finland and we have 33 songs on the playlist. Thank you for submitting such fine songs, for listening and for commenting! There is plenty of time to record and post some more songs, before the next Season starts.

And (almost) anything can be a tool, so if you think that the song is suitable, it is. 🪃

Cool theme. I am in the middle of moving flat this week, so I haven't had much time to participate. But I did manage to squeeze in the time to get "Band in a Box" (my accompaniment programme) out, once I had roughed out the chord sequence and melody for the lyrics I wrote the day before.

My narrator is given to mixed metaphors, which may explain why he hasn't triumphed as his ex appears to have done. 😜

Hope you enjoy:

It occurred to me that I have never used the organ setting or drums on the P115 to make a video.

So I did.Hmmm, me likey.

Flight electric uke (tenor tuned bari) Yamaha P115
on Jazz Organ setting (could do with a Hammond B5 setting lol)
and the drums were recorded at the same time.

I caught a bug and my voice squeaked out the middle of recording, so I went with chord melody for plan B. All If I had a Hammer, no MC Hammer in this one.

I only went one time through. You can loop it multiple times and imagine bells and songs of you like.

I mentioned to Wee Ginga Yin Rob that we seemed to be doing the same songs and he said that it was because I was reminding him of the fact that he had versions of the songs that I was covering, which is cool. so I asked ,for symmetry, if he minded if I had a go at this one, and he said yes. Dog rough it is , but it has a bouzouki in it ........

Here's a hit by the Breeders that I heard at nearly every party I attended the summer I turned 21...

...and gosh darn, this song sure has staying power :p

Thank you all, Season 570 has ended! I will update the playlist and be back with wrap later today.
The Seasons now continue with 571 and samples.

Season 570 - Wrap

Hello again! During the "Tools" Season 570 we got 40 songs from 23 Seasonistas on the playlist. There are both great originals and fine covers, and I enjoyed listening them very much.

🏆 The most popular tool was... the hammer!

🥇This week, the winner is TBB (TheBathBird) for her terrific song "In Our House DIY is a Four Letter Word", which told something true and fundamental about DIY and the tools. The little prize is a DIY bird puzzle (no drill or glue required):

20230123_180213a.jpg

Thank you all so much for your excellent songs!
And now, let's check out the wondrous world of sampling in Season 571.

Thank you very much Ylle! It was a fun season, the little bird puzzle looks adorable and I’m very pleased to hear that my husband’s drill won’t be required!

Joo, your ability to capture life amazes me and makes me feel things I know are true but tend to push away.

Once again, thank you!
I dunno what to say, Wiggy, except
Thank You.

Top Bottom