Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

YorkSteve

UU VIP
Here are the details of the weekly Seasonista open mic session. A year on, these are still running, usually hosted by Kevin (Mezcalero) or Brian (UkeFoote). All welcome!

See below for the next date & time

If you haven't used Zoom before, it is worth signing up and installing it on your PC/device first, from https://zoom.us/. Painless and free.

All Seasonistas, past & present, welcome! The format is along the lines of an open mic session, with one person singing a song, and the rest of us (muted, to avoid horrible delays) can listen or join in, in the safe knowlege that nobody else can hear them! Then everyone gets un-muted for wild applause, and on to the next person.

Update - the next session is booked for Saturday August 21st, 20:30 London time (GMT+1) - that's 12.30pm on the Pacific coast, and you can adjust from there!

Meeting ID: 736 125 7574
Passcode: Panda

Last edited:

RAB11

I'm in!

My local open mic is running a virtual night tonight, except we're all just taking turns live streaming to the Facebook group. I like this idea much better as you have an actual audience.

Really looking forward to it.

Harmony Smurf

will see when the time comes if I will be able to make it. It is around the time I go to sleep as I am a night owl.

cazteclo

I like that idea - I have been using Zoom at work, it is easier than one thinks

YorkSteve

UU VIP
Looks like my clock sums were wrong, and it will be 8am on the West coast of USA.

DelGriff

I’ll do my best to be there Steve - cheers for setting this up mate! :)

LimousinLil

UU VIP
Should love to give it a try, Steve ... but I'm not at all sure that my Internet is up to it! What are we supposed to be playing????

RAB11

Should love to give it a try, Steve ... but I'm not at all sure that my Internet is up to it! What are we supposed to be playing????

The idea of an open mic is to play what you like. The stage is yours to do what you want with it during your set.

hendulele

Check your fleas
Steve, this is terrific. We're doing this with the Raleigh Uke Jam on the 31st (our normal open mic night).

I'd love to jump in, but am able to work from home... so I do.

You'll get some fantastic brings. Look forward to a recap or highlights.

kolibri

out of tune
I'll try to join in as well. I'm working remotely, but by then my work day should be over. That'll be the best Zoom meeting of the day, I'm sure. :)