Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

jtsteam

Half Uke Half Biscuit
UU VIP
If true, that's brillliant work Sherlock. But surely just a coincidence....
While you're there, can you see any option to edit your signature? I can't, and nor can Kohanmike, another of the "can't edit posts" crew. Another thing for you you to investigate.
No, I don't have that either. I wouldn't be surprised if there were just a few mismatches between the old and new forum software that just has to be fixed manually. As long as someone is on the case!

Ms Bean

do you see my signature - i used to always uncheck the box so that my posts did not show mine and i haven't seen that option here
Unlike YorkSteve I can't see your signature. The link to your YouTube channel doesn't show. I can see Steve's SolarAid fundraising project.

DelGriff

If true, that's brillliant work Sherlock. But surely just a coincidence....
While you're there, can you see any option to edit your signature? I can't, and nor can Kohanmike, another of the "can't edit posts" crew. Another thing for you you to investigate.
Hi Steve - if you click on your avatar in the top menu bar, then on ‘signature’ in the box that appears, you should be able to edit and save your signature from there.

pabrizzer

Unlike YorkSteve I can't see your signature. The link to your YouTube channel doesn't show. I can see Steve's SolarAid fundraising project.
i edited my signature so that i no longer have one Sabine
i know offering the vip option is one thing that did not migrate across so it could have something to do with that
i'm going to sit down at my mac desktop later and see how things look there....

UkeFoote

This weekend I will be hosting
Zoom meeting 622 972 7495
No password necessary
Any idea for special conversations topic? (Edit: wow I just read all the preceding comments - I guess I know what we’ll be talking about lol)

Last edited:

YorkSteve

I'm not a staff member really...
Staff member
UU VIP
Hi Steve - if you click on your avatar in the top menu bar, then on ‘signature’ in the box that appears, you should be able to edit and save your signature from there.
Been there, done that - but I don't get a "signature" option, apparently because I am a VIP. No doubt they will fix it soon, but in the meantime I am trapped in a world of no edits.

pabrizzer

sudden departure this morning due to internet outage - just back on now
was able to go back to bed and catch a few more zzzzzzzzzs

Jim Yates

sudden departure this morning due to internet outage - just back on now
was able to go back to bed and catch a few more zzzzzzzzzs
I had a similar sudden departure Brian. my power went down and I couldn't seem to get back in. My battery is fried, so if the cord comes out, the computer shuts down.
My apologies.

Yukio

For those willing to believe there might be something good about heating up fruit, may I offer this suggestion:

Obtain some prunes (by this I mean "dried Italian-style plums") and dried figs. Also get some plain natural yogurt.
Put about 2/3 prunes to 1/3 figs into a sauce pan.
Add enough water to the pan to cover over all of the fruit.
Place a lid on the pan and set it aside to soak overnight.
In the morning, bring the pan to a gentle boil. This will fill your kitchen with a delicious sweet scent.

Put some plain yogurt into a bowl. Ladle some of the HOT FRUIT and some of the lovely sauce from the pan over your cool yogurt.
Enjoy.

You can doll it up with oat flakes or other stuff if you want, but I find that the basic ingredients combine beautifully together on their own.

Joko

622 972 7495
That's Kevin's Zoom...

I'd like to make an announcement that an announcement will be made later tonight, at 12:00 am, Myanmar Standard Time, 12 September, announcing the theme and specifics of Week 500 of the Seasons of the Ukulele at Ukulele Underground.com!

Mandalay is UTC+06:30, so midnight here on the 12th is still the 11th at 18:30 in London, and 07:30 in Honolulu.
Vladivostok and Hobart will be looking at 03:30 am.

All of these times are several hours before the open mic (which I doubt I can stay awake for).

UkeFoote

622 972 7495
That's Kevin's Zoom...
That number is my zoom, Joko, not Kevin’s. I have spent ten minutes trying to find Kevs on this thread but I can’t find it

could someone please post the correct zoom info for Kevin’s session today?

pabrizzer

Meeting ID: 736 125 7574
Passcode: Panda

this is an old one - would it still be correct?