Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

Voran

FYI ~ I'm down for hosting Saturday ~

P.S. After rereading Brian's email: I'm confirming, just this once (2021), assuming we're still on daylight savings time, we'll be starting an hour later than usual. For me that means 3:30 pm local time.
What even is that in GMT? Sorry, I used to be good at math, but it all atrophied from lack of use...

YorkSteve

I'm not a staff member really...
Staff member
UU VIP
What even is that in GMT? Sorry, I used to be good at math, but it all atrophied from lack of use...
Hi Voran - if you are in Ireland, the session still starts at 8.30pm, as your clocks went back last weekend too.

Voran

LMAO tonight made me smile. When I first joined I thought I'd better try really hard to curb my offensive sense of humor...nope...tonight we had poop jokes, someone changed their username to A Big Steamy Thing, and we were debating whether urine counted as an acceptable subject for a water themed songwriting challenge :D

Thanks for making me laugh and smile, yall, I needed it today.

jtsteam

Half Uke Half Biscuit
UU VIP
LMAO tonight made me smile. When I first joined I thought I'd better try really hard to curb my offensive sense of humor...nope...tonight we had poop jokes, someone changed their username to A Big Steamy Thing, and we were debating whether urine counted as an acceptable subject for a water themed songwriting challenge :D

Thanks for making me laugh and smile, yall, I needed it today.

I have to be pedantic and say it's "The Big Steamy Thing" because otherwise the anagram doesn't work :).

Anyway, fun as always, thanks all!

Voran

I have to be pedantic and say it's "The Big Steamy Thing" because otherwise the anagram doesn't work :).

Anyway, fun as always, thanks all!
I just find it amusing because in real life I have a monumentally childish sense of humor and I tried really hard to keep it to myself and not tell any poop or sexual jokes during open mike club...then I logged on tonight and 'poop!' 'urine!' 'diarrhea!' I laughed so hard.

YorkSteve

I'm not a staff member really...
Staff member
UU VIP
I am away for the weekend, so will miss out this week. Assuming Kevin is in charge?

uke4ia

I just find it amusing because in real life I have a monumentally childish sense of humor and I tried really hard to keep it to myself and not tell any poop or sexual jokes during open mike club...then I logged on tonight and 'poop!' 'urine!' 'diarrhea!' I laughed so hard.

UkeFoote

I’ll be hosting next week November 27

zoom meeting 622 972 7495 no password necessary

Voran

I need some instrumentals. I'm sick right now and singing is not an option.

lizbrinker

Hi folks, I’m not going to make it today. Have a great time, and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Jim Yates

Brian (pabrizzer) This is our choir The Northumberland Orchestra & Choir (NOC)
This was a special presentation so we left our tuxes and bow ties at home. Can you find me?
NOC x.jpg

UkeFoote

The 11/27 playlist, courtesy of Charldene:
- Brian F: “Wharf Rat", Grateful Dead
- Jim P/Miles Tuggo: "Community", original work, completed in 2011 after 25 years
- Ila: "Ivan Skavinsky Skavar", traditional song, 1877
- Edwin JT Steam: "Intervention" by Arcade Fire, used reverb to create a church effect
- Christopher/Gas Huffer: "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch", composed by Albert Hague, book by Dr. Seuss
- Joko: "Chardonnay", Cerys Matthews (Welsh), Cerys (pronounced Ke-ris) can be heard on the radio in England
- Steve: "The Only Road", Elbow, songwriters: Craig Lee Patton, Guy Edwrd John Garvey, Mark Potter, Peter James Turner
- Jim Yates: "I Feel Like Hank Williams Tonight", Jerry Jeff Walker, 1989, recorded by Chris Wall
- Marc/Skippy Record: "Rainbows and Lightning, Beautiful and Frightening", Eric Taylor, 1976
probably written for wife, Nanci Griffith
- Brian/Pabrizzer: "Self Defense", original work about the Kyle Rittenhouse not guilty jury verdict in Kenosha, WI
- JoAnn/Zarelda Lee: "It's A Bitter Pill", replay of 2020 original work about Kyle
- Lisa Dudley: "Grandma's Apron", original Christmas song, interesting reference to 'Jezebel jam'
- Kev: "Vincent (Starry Stary Night)", Don McLean

- Charldene: Kept the song list. Did not play