Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

Edit: Ok I do have a one hour limit, but I'll open a backup meeting so we can go to that one when it's over if you want
Voran - I have tried your zoom number 84623050826, but it is asking for a password

Voran - I have tried your zoom number 84623050826, but it is asking for a password
Sorry - no idea how to use zoom, as far as I knew I didn't require one...let me tweak my settings

Lisa is hosting - -----------------------

Last edited:
Last minute change:

Lisa Dudley is hosting:

(details deleted)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the old recording of the song I played today.
I hope to re-record it some day on my new channel with some multitrack and stuff, but this is how it was.

Thanks to Lisa for stepping in with a working Zoom code, and to Voran for trying! Nine (or was it ten?) of us managed to keep up the meeting habit. Thanks also to Charldene for keeping us all in order!

Last edited:
Really sorry about all the messing around earlier - never hosted a zoom before and didn't realize there was all that farting around with codes and numbers involved

Oh my such drama!! Sorry I missed the session as I had guests in from out town. I don’t plan on missing many sessions so I’m almost always available as a back up.

I’ll be back on next Saturday
Zoom meeting 622 972 7495
No password necessary

I feel bad for stressing people out, I had no idea hosting was so complicated compared to just joining someone else's meeting :(

I wasn’t there, but here is what happened at the open mic on December 4:

Theme question: If you had to evacuate your home in an emergency like a fire or other disaster, what would you take?

Charldene: Cell phone, keys, wallet. "I'm Spending Hanukkah in Santa Monica" by Tom Lehrer

Lisa: CDs of her music. "If Christmas Is Forgiving (For Giving)", original work

Voran: Ukulele. "Rage", original work

Steve: Phone, box of important papers, dog, ukulele. "Fire Brigade" by The Move

Jim P/Hank Aaron Furrabeer: Kawika ukulele, iPad, daughter's baby pictures, external hard drive, framed $10 Trillion bill from Zimbabwe. "My Menorah Lit the House on Fire and It Burned for 8 Days", original work

Christopher/Gas Huffer: Tenor resonator ukulele, cash. "The Vatican Rag" by Tom Lehrer, sung a capella (family members were sleeping)

Mikkel/Uking Viking: Phone, wallet, passport, favorite ukulele, back up drive. "China Bark, Juniper Bite", original work

Jim Yates: 1962 Martin guitar. "Circus Song" by David Essig

JoAnn/Coconut Head: 2 ukuleles, photos, Metropolitan Opera House program (?) showing a self portrait of Enrico Caruso. "26 White Crosses", based on an original work by Alan Peschke's song "Angels of December"

I'll try and get a Youtube of 'Rage' again today since someone wanted one. I've had a cold and my high notes are a bit shaky

Maggie and I have just been asked to babysit our grandson Mickey this weekend in Georgetown. We hate to give up a chance to see him. I'll take a uke and a banjer and my laptop, so I may get a chance to come here for a tune, but not likely.Mickey with uke.jpg

Last edited:
Maggie and I have just been asked to babysit our grandson Mickey this weekend in Georgetown. We hate to give up a chance to see him. I'll take a uke and a banjer and my laptop, so I may get a chance to come here for a tune, but not likely.View attachment 137555
Invite the kid to join in! Kids like singing :D

here’s the playlist from yesterday’s session.
It looks like I’ll be hosting again next week - “same Bat-time, same Bat-channel”
- Brian/Flavius Mercurius: “Beck's Bolero" by Jimmy Page, 1967
- Voran: "Demon of Mine", original work
- Edwin/JT Dihydrogen Monoxide: "Winter Song" by Alan Hull
- Christopher/Chris Enotris (backwards spelling of Sir Tone): "Good Golly Miss Molly by Little Richard
- Ila/Queen of the Downstrum: "I Love a Rainy Night" by Eddie Rabbitt (After playing the ukulele only 2 1/2 months, this is Ila's 1st song playing up strums! Great job!!!)
- Jim P/Hank Aaron Furrabeer: "Salad Days Are Here Again" by Procol Harum
- Steve: "The Ivy and the Holly" by Chris Sugden
- Marc/Skippy Record II: "Home" by Karla Bonoff, 1977
- Charldene: "Spiderman" by Bob Harris and Paul Francis Webster, 1967
- Del/Hugh Jarse: "Goodbye My Lover" by James Blunt
- Lisa: "I'm Going Home for Christmas", original work (This may not be the correct title.)
- Chris Davies: "I Wanna Be Like You" by Louis Prima, Phil Harris, Bruce Reitherman from The Jungle Book, 1967

Yall, if I leave the room tonight or walk off camera and do calisthenics, please don't feel ignored or slighted. I have a very jacked up lower back.

Just mentioning in case people think I'm being rude or feel hurt

I feel bad for always singing rage songs. I'll write something happy for next week, I swear.

Top Bottom