Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

Here are the details of the weekly Seasonista open mic session. Nearly two years on, these are still running. Everybody is welcome!

See below for the next date & time

If you haven't used Zoom before, it is worth signing up and installing it on your PC/device first, from https://zoom.us/. Painless and free.

All Seasonistas, past & present, welcome! The format is along the lines of an open mic session, with one person singing a song, and the rest of us (muted, to avoid horrible delays) can listen or join in, in the safe knowlege that nobody else can hear them! Then everyone gets un-muted for wild applause, and on to the next person.

Update - the next session is booked for Saturday June 11th, 20:30 London time (GMT+1), 12.30 West Coast.

Unless I hear different, Brian is hosting this time - Meeting ID: 622 972 7495 , no password
Well most of us around here “hear different” (and we’re proud of it!).
I can confirm that I shall host the festivities this weekend. Thanks Steve-O, we hope to enjoy your playing again one of these weeks!

I was sorry to miss this week's open mic session. The Colborne Library Ukulele Band put on a show on the barn stage of the late lamented Shelter Valley Folk Festival, just a half hour east of us and I had never heard them, so I flipped a coin and the open mic lost, but it felt good to support some local uke players. Some very impressive versions of St. Anne's Reel and Apache

Here's a quick shot of the stage:ColborneLibrary Ukulele Band.jpg

Well most of us around here “hear different” (and we’re proud of it!).
I can confirm that I shall host the festivities this weekend. Thanks Steve-O, we hope to enjoy your playing again one of these weeks!
Sorry I missed this week, which I had hoped to do after two weeks away. But then Gary Barlow announced a solo show in York which I couldn't resist. Seriously, he was rather good...

Trying to get over laryngitis in time for open mike tomorrow. If I don't make it, can someone make a few poop jokes and sexual innuendos on my behalf? :D

Think I'll manage to sing, but it will have to be low register only. The rest is gone.

here are the songs from 6/25 - Ila hosting

the theme was "what food will you never eat again"

Voran BANANAS
"Khoj Ozeeri" (original song)

Del MEAT
"Wuthering Heights" (Kate Bush)

Marc LIVER
"The Heart is the Kindest Tear" (original song)

Joko DURIAN FRUIT
"Lust for Life" (Iggy Pop)

Jim P. SEA URCHIN
"Sorry to See You Go" (original song)

Brian UMEBOSHI PLUM CANDY
"Here Comes the Sun" (George Harrison)

Chris BLEU CHEESE
"The Hell Song" (Sum 41)

Jim Y. ESCARGOT
"The Vegetable Song". (Carl Martin)

Lisa CAVIAR
"Bring 'em Home"

Ila
"American Tune" (Paul Simon)

As of now, I'm the host for next week (622 972 7495 no password).

I think there may be two Erynn Marshalls.
The Canuck one was the one I have seen -
Erynn Marshall (born c. 1977) is a Canadian old-time fiddler, ethnomusicologist, teacher, and author.
She is originally from Victoria, British Columbia and later lived in Gibsons, British Columbia. In 1998 she traveled to Toronto to pursue graduate studies at York University, graduating in 2003 with an M.A. degree in ethnomusicology.

Here's Erynn Marshall with Carl Jones. Very nice. (Perhaps a different Erynn Marshall, but maybe not.)

Sorry my performance was a bit crap, not much was left of my usually heavy duty voice lol

Any news on this week's session? I will try to update the first post via feeble campsite WiFi if I get any host info.

Can someone plz post this week's details, opening post still shows last week's

Apologies everyone! I went through the steps to update the first post yesterday, but obviously the final "Save" did not work. Hope people got on OK. (Sent from a campsite with poor phone signal and even worse WiFi)

Posted before I forget/lose the details -

Saturday 23rd July
The bonus question - what is the most unusual uke you own or that you drool over?

Steve - a Rob Collins cigar box, the fifth one he made.
"Take Me I'm Yours" by Chris Difford & Glen Tilbrook

Voran - saw a one-off 7 string uke, but it was too expensive...
"ululijarnaq" original song

Jim (HankAaron) - Wants a snail shell uke
"The waterman's reggae" - original

Del - his baritone stopped him looking
"If..." - original

Jim Yates - a 10-string Regal Tiple
"Life get teejus don't it" - Carson J Robinson

Lisa - a Taylor guitar which made her body shake
"I know love" - original

Chris - a cheap banjolele, with a hat inside to make it quieter.
"Another Story" - The Head and The Heart

Andy - a Bonanza formica/laminate top uke which is very durable
"Army" - Ben Folds Five

Ila - drools over a Peanut bluetooth electric.
"Close to you" - Bacharach & David

Posted before I forget/lose the details -

Saturday 23rd July
The bonus question - what is the most unusual uke you own or that you drool over?

Steve - a Rob Collins cigar box, the fifth one he made.
"Take Me I'm Yours" by Chris Difford & Glen Tilbrook

Voran - saw a one-off 7 string uke, but it was too expensive...
"ululijarnaq" original song

Jim (HankAaron) - Wants a snail shell uke
"The waterman's reggae" - original

Del - his baritone stopped him looking
"If..." - original

Jim Yates - a 10-string Regal Tiple
"Life get teejus don't it" - Carson J Robinson

Lisa - a Taylor guitar which made her body shake
"I know love" - original

Chris - a cheap banjolele, with a hat inside to make it quieter.
"Another Story" - The Head and The Heart

Andy - a Bonanza formica/laminate top uke which is very durable
"Army" - Ben Folds Five

Ila - drools over a Peanut bluetooth electric.
"Close to you" - Bacharach & David

My fantasy instrument would be a double necker, with concert ukulele and ubass necks.

Confirming I'm "on" for hosting. zoom mtg 622 972 7495 no password necessary

I will be missing presumed having a good time for the next few weeks (friends round for a meal, weekend away, folk festival), but if somebody can let me know who is hosting, I will try to keep the top post updated.

Top Bottom