Seeking any advise or experiences with these ukulele bass purchase options - Kala KA-UBASS-FS or Kala Rumbler or aNueNue Koa Fretless

Opalwood

Reaction score
Hello, I am seeking anyone's experiences with any of the ukulele basses listed - I have the opportunity to purchase any of them and although second-hand all appear to be in mint condition.
I have a vast ukulele collection and in recent years have now gone down the full sized bass guitar road - owning 1 x acoustic fretless, 1 x acoustic & 1 x 5 string electric.
Information/reviews are very limited down here in South Australia as almost everything takes me to Amazon based reviews.
Anything insight/experiences with these will be greatly appreciated before i venture out to look for obvious flaws.
Many thanks Shane

I'd go with the

Kala KA-UBass FS​

It's head and shoulders above the others mentioned.

I'd go with the

Kala KA-UBass FS​

It's head and shoulders above the others mentioned.
Cheers UkerDanno, I really appreciate your input as i have no experience with ukulele basses, being a whole new ball game compared to my nearly 30 or so ukes ranging from modern to the 1940's. I just have to get used to those 'spaghetti' strings.

I didn't know aNueNue made u basses. Based on the quality of their ukuleles, I would think this model would be a worthy competitor to a Kala. I've been considering a fretless, and I'll put this on my list of models to research.

I didn't know aNueNue made u basses. Based on the quality of their ukuleles, I would think this model would be a worthy competitor to a Kala. I've been considering a fretless, and I'll put this on my list of models to research.
I have two Kala UBasses, BTW. A solid body SUB and an acoustic Scout.

We only have around 10 uke brands to choose from down here and aNueNue is a lesser known brand. They do command around the same $ of Ohana and Kala ukes - i just cannot find a review of this model anywhere and there are only 2 very short videos on YouTube of them being played.

SUS sells them, or at least they did (currently out of stock). While they are certainly not close to you, it might be worth contacting them and asking for their honest opinion. SUS has a very good reputation and you could trust them.

Then again, you can't really go wrong with a Kala.

I have 2 Kalas, a mahogany acoustic and a California, both fretless with Pahoehoe strings. I love them both and can't imagine finding anything better.

I have 2 Kalas, a mahogany acoustic and a California, both fretless with Pahoehoe strings. I love them both and can't imagine finding anything better.
Thanks Bob - that mahogany Kala is extremely appealing but my gut instinct is the seller is a bit suspect :(

Yes, similar cost to the UK where I am. Good luck.
Thanks Bob - I may put the UBass idea on the back-burners for a while - just seen a lovely SS Squire Jaguar that's local and a 5 string fretless modified version of the same from interstate for around the same $ as the UBass.

Top Bottom