Song Help Request Shape of my Heart - Baritone Uke

pluribus

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I saw this video and I was quite impressed. I can't tell if it's the normal tuning (DGBE) but it sounds very good to me.

I can't find any tabs that match what this guy is doing. I tried to follow his fingers but something's not working.

Any help or advice?

Thanks.

Shape of my heart (baritone ukulele cover) - YouTube

...perhaps? I had never heard the song, but the progression is really comforting. He did a great job of performing it.

Em Bm Am
He deals the cards, in a meditation,
Em Bm Am
and those who play, never suspect,
C G Bm
he doesnt play, for the mo - ney he wins,
C Bm Em
he doesnt play for respect.

<edit> In a different key, maybe the first line is: C#m Abm F#m... it's pretty jazzy in a good way.

Last edited:

...perhaps? I had never heard the song, but the progression is really comforting. He did a great job of performing it.

Em Bm Am
He deals the cards, in a meditation,
Em Bm Am
and those who play, never suspect,
C G Bm
he doesnt play, for the mo - ney he wins,
C Bm Em
he doesnt play for respect.

Thank you Wiggy.

I believe that works very well on a guitar, but I'm missing the bottom two strings. :)
And the way he plays it, it resembles a lot with the original played on a guitar. I wonder how he pulled that off.

Hi Pluribus

Did you figure this out?

If not, comments in the video link to another (below) showing fingerpicking for standard ukulele.

Since it’s a set of picking patterns you can try the same patterns with baritone chords. Perhaps use the YouTube feature that slows down to quarter speed. Note that commenter @medusa1335 wrote out the patterns.

Cheers.

Top Bottom