Show us your thinline uke.

The Bonanza FB group is called "The Ponderosa." Keeping up the old TV show theme. Geez.....I'm old enough to remember that show.

I'm feeling pretty dense here, but could someone clarify what "FB" stands for? Face Book? Future Buyer? It's probably so obvious, sorry...!!

I've got a Rubin RT-102 Zebra Wood Gloss travel tenor. My first Uke and my favourite. I have it tuned dGBE so it sounds like Baritone, but almost as loud as my Caramel CB-103 Bari. When Rubin changed to Caramel They stopped making the deluxe version and dropped the plastic edging on the fret board,an the snowflake fret markers.
Thinline JackLuis.jpg
That's good looking.

This was built by our very own Dwayne of "Black Bear" ukuleles. He wanted to make something simple and fun so called it the ULO......Ukulele Like Object. It is made from a single piece of wood and an instrument grade cedar top is added. It is loud and bright, brought to the Uke Jam last night and it was a hit.
Thinline DownUpDave.jpg
Wow, psychedelic.

Here is my custom thin body built by Fred Shields. It’s thin but loud and super easy to play. It’s Koa top with poplar wood side and back.
Thinline SoloRule.jpg
Nice wood.

I'm feeling pretty dense here, but could someone clarify what "FB" stands for? Face Book? Future Buyer? It's probably so obvious, sorry...!!
Yep, Facebook.

My little jewel - Bruko Custom Archback, Cedar over Zebrawood Tenor. 2" deep.

IMG_20181212_190939.jpg
IMG_20181212_191156.jpg
IMG_20181212_191031.jpg

My little jewel - Bruko Custom Archback, Cedar over Zebrawood Tenor. 2" deep.
Thinline strat4me.jpg
I really like the look of Zebrawood.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

My Zither Heaven. The ten fret is a thinline, as is the clock.

Attachments

• IMG_20180804_152158.jpg
    IMG_20180804_152158.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 51
Hey Strat, that little zebrawood-sided Bruko is a honey! Also, Laura, I like your Zither Heaven 10-fretter! Do you find the unconventional tuning mechanisms a hassle, or do they work pretty well for you? And, the thinline wall clock is very cool !!

My Zither Heaven. The ten fret is a thinline, as is the clock.
Thinline Sheehan.jpg
That's an interesting uke, you sure won't miss the fret markers in the dark.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org

IMG_20170215_201642.jpg
Kala travel soprano with friction tuners so it's now balanced. I call it my stealth ukulele. I brought it with me to the hospital. There was a delay in surgery, so in pre-op I played my uke while hooked up to the IV awaiting the knife. I figured that some people have stuffed animals with them in the bed, so why not a stuffed gig bag:)

Kala travel soprano with friction tuners so it's now balanced. I call it my stealth ukulele. I brought it with me to the hospital. There was a delay in surgery, so in pre-op I played my uke while hooked up to the IV awaiting the knife. I figured that some people have stuffed animals with them in the bed, so why not a stuffed gig bag.
Thinline rubykey.jpg
I was expecting to see a Kala sooner.

11263047-78F4-4846-BBEF-DD066804A119.jpgC9B1B79D-B556-4C66-8917-6E0C13E776A6.jpg30E5C0ED-92BD-4595-A147-78BEF9C97A7E.jpg

This is my Brüko flat, arch back zebra wood soprano with maple and walnut neck. I purchased it during a delightful factory tour in 2015. I had contacted Pfeiffers several months before our trip to Germany and asked if we could tour the factory. I also told them that I’d like to purchase a soprano from them. They very graciously hosted our party of four, then led us into a room where they had at least 10 sopranos of different varieties spread out on a table. They let me try them all, and I chose this one. My wife encouraged me to buy a second, but I cheaped out. Six months later I ordered a #6 from them, and they sent me an especially nice one with a beautifully flamed neck. They’re wonderful people who make great ukes!

Last edited:
View attachment 114156
Kala travel soprano with friction tuners so it's now balanced. I call it my stealth ukulele. I brought it with me to the hospital. There was a delay in surgery, so in pre-op I played my uke while hooked up to the IV awaiting the knife. I figured that some people have stuffed animals with them in the bed, so why not a stuffed gig bag:)

Hoping all went okay with your surgery, Ruby!!

View attachment 114169View attachment 114170View attachment 114171

This is my Brüko flat, arch back zebra wood soprano with maple and walnut neck. I purchased it during a delightful factory tour in 2015. I had contacted Pfeiffers several months before our trip to Germany and asked if we could tour the factory. I also told them that I’d like to purchase a soprano from them. They very graciously hosted our party of four, then led us into a room where they had at least 10 sopranos of different varieties spread out on a table. They let me try them all, and I chose this one. My wife encouraged me to buy a second, but I cheaped out. Six months later I ordered a #6 from them, and they sent me an especially nice one with a beautifully flamed neck. They’re wonderful people who make great ukes!

Really nice instrument, Ruben!! Would you say that it has a nice "bark", or is it a little more subdued?

Thanks, Bill. It does bark, as Brükos do, though not as much as my #6. I have a Kamaka soprano, a Koaloha concert, and a National, but I’ve been playing the Brükos more than the others since I got them. They’re that nice!

Bill Sheehan, the Zither pin tuning is nice, especially with arthritic hands.

Thinline Ruben.jpg
Very compact.

View attachment 114156
Hi rubykey, I’m awaiting a Kala travel soprano from Mim and would like to change the stock tuners ASAP. Which brand friction tuners did you use and was any widening of the peg holes necessary? Thanks!

Anyone have a Bonanza Oreo? What do you think of it?
thanks!

Yes. I love it. When I saw a picture of it in Baz's review, my first thought was, "I hope it isn't too expensive." I looks great, has a very nice feel, a has a wonderful sound.

01.jpg

Top Bottom