Sister wants to learn to play, need nut and saddle string spacing

printer2

I need some dimensions for a concert size. Nut width or string spacing, saddle string spacing. I have looked some up and I am not sure which to go with. I have not made one in a while and can not remember what I used before.

printer2

I was looking for wood but all I have is sets big enough for guitars and do not want to cut them down. I came across a chunk of log I harvested, the only good section from the round.

QKXXTzT.jpg

Found a piece of log and thought I might squeeze a tenor ukulele out of it. Just flattening the sides so I can cut the back and sides out of it. It is at an angle and not quite flat, the tree was not anticipating me. It will be tricky to cut the sides and back out, one side is long enough for, well sides, and the other side is wide enough for the backs. I hope. After a rough planing with my dull blades. They have gone through their last sharpening, need to order new ones.

M4yMNfb.jpg

Now looking at it there seems to be a crack forming, I was hoping that it will be stable enough, might just use the wood for myself, need to find something suitable for her. My bandsaw is having problems, needs new bearings and other work, have wood I could resaw for her though. We will see what I can get away with.

Last edited: