SOLD: Kala Solid Flame Maple Concert Cutaway Ukulele (KA-ASFM-C-C) with Crossrock Gig Bag

Larry Usselman

UU VIP
UU VIP
SOLD
---------
This is a “B-stock” Kala due to some discoloring in the binding and binding on the back bleeds out (see photos). The back of the headstock is marked with a "2" from the factory. This cosmetic flaw does not affect the sound or playability of the instrument.

Purchased new and gently used. No damage or scratches. The only flaw is the very minor binding discoloration and, unless it’s pointed out to you, is unlikely to be noticed. It includes a nice Black and Red Crossrock padded gig bag. I’m only selling this because I just took delivery of a custom ukulele and I have a “one in, one out” rule!

p3980916625-4.jpg

Additional Photos Here!

“Maple offers a clear, transparent tone, and ample projection with great note separation. The figuring of the Maple along with a slotted headstock, Florentine cutaway, and Purpleheart binding make this ukulele stand out. The Solid Flame Maple series is an all-Maple build including the neck.”

SPECS
SIZE: Concert
TOP: Solid Flame Maple
BACK & SIDES: Solid Flame Maple
BINDING: Purpleheart
NECK: Maple
FINISH: Satin
FINGERBOARD: Striped Ebony
HEADSTOCK: Slotted
STRINGS: Martin M600 Fluorocarbon
NUT & SADDLE: Graph Tech NuBone®
STRAP BUTTONS: Two, Bottom and Neck Heel
MEASUREMENTS:
  • Scale Length: 14.8125 inches,
  • Overall Instrument Length: 23.9375 inches
  • Body Length: 11.0625 inches
  • Number of Frets: 18
  • Width at Upper Bout: 6 inches
  • Width at Lower Bout: 8.25 inches
  • Width at Waist: 4.9375 inches
  • Body Depth: 2.75 inches
  • Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1.4375 inches
  • Fingerboard width at neck/body joint: 1.75 inches
Available for pickup in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania or it can be shipped anywhere in the U.S. for an additional $25.00. Payment by cash or online payment service only. No checks or bank transfers.

Please contact me for questions or additional information.
------
Sound Sample

Last edited:

bilbo56

Hi Larry. I'm outside of Wilkes-Barre (Dallas) and may be heading down your way for New Years. I just bought an expensive tenor, so I'd have to convince my wife I need another ukulele!

Larry Usselman

UU VIP
UU VIP
Hi Larry. I'm outside of Wilkes-Barre (Dallas) and may be heading down your way for New Years. I just bought an expensive tenor, so I'd have to convince my wife I need another ukulele!
Good luck convincing her. It's a sweet instrument, but I can't keep it in my limited stable. I'm not a huge fan of the maple tone, but lots of people like it.

mgsondance

Can you post your pictures on this site? I don’t want to pay to join the other site. Thanks

Larry Usselman

UU VIP
UU VIP
Can you post your pictures on this site? I don’t want to pay to join the other site. Thanks
Those photos should be available to the public without having to join anything. Are you getting a message saying you need to pay to see them?

Is this link better?

Last edited:

mgsondance

Yes that second link works, thanks. The first one tells you to login or create an account. To create an account it looks like you need to pay.

Larry Usselman

UU VIP
UU VIP
Yes that second link works, thanks. The first one tells you to login or create an account. To create an account it looks like you need to pay.
Thanks. I'll have to remember to post a visitor's link next time, not an owner's link!

(I fixed the original link)

Larry Usselman

UU VIP
UU VIP
I know some of you got Christmas money and are just dying to get yourself a new ukulele!

I'm open to reasonable offers...let me know!

Larry Usselman

UU VIP
UU VIP
Price Reduced to $200.00. This is an all-solid wood instrument in great condition and with excellent sound and playability. Help me make some room for the New Year!

Larry Usselman

UU VIP
UU VIP
FINAL PRICE REDUCTION: $175 ($25 Shipping to U.S. addresses)

I hate to see this instrument sitting unplayed. Please give it a new home where it will be loved! 🥰

Cadia

I have this in a tenor. The maple tone comes alive with Uke Logic strings. This is a nice deal for someone looking to move up from their starter uke. I use mine for traveling and such, because the maple is a harder wood and not as delicate or thin as some of my other ukes, so is less subject to damage A very nice uke for $200 total. I hope you find a worthy buyer.