SOLD: Kanile'a Sinker Redwood/Premium Koa D-Hole Super Tenor

ukulelemana

Sharing the Spirit of 'Ukulele
UU VIP
Reaction score
SOLD I've recently picked up a custom sinker redwood/rosewood baritone from Kinnard Ukes and I also have redwood over walnut and redwood over maple tenors, so this outstanding Kanile'a sinker redwood/premium koa d-hole super tenor just doesn't get the playtime. I'd rather it go to a home where it'll get pulled into the rotation more. You can see the great dark lines of the minerals in the sinker redwood on this one, and the koa grain is a very cool and unique one.

It was built and bought just last year in late 2021, and it comes with an LR Baggs 5.0 pick-up installed and comes with the original gig bag that Kanile'a ships their instruments in. It also has a side soundport and has the slotted headstock.

The condition is very minty and as people who've bought from me know, I baby my instruments and keep them safely in my climate controlled office/man cave.

SOLD: Asking SOLD shipped within the CONUS. Shipping to Hawaii, Alaska, or anywhere else outside the CONUS will require additional funds for shipping.

This is an incredible price for an essentially new Kanile'a with sinker redwood and premium koa plus a pickup installed! Make my loss your gain!

Please reach out with any questions!

IMG_3868.jpgIMG_3869.jpgIMG_3872.jpgIMG_3873.jpgIMG_3874.jpgIMG_3871.jpgIMG_3870.jpg

Last edited:
I've recently picked up a custom sinker redwood/rosewood baritone from Kinnard Ukes and I also have redwood over walnut and redwood over maple tenors, so this outstanding Kanile'a sinker redwood/premium koa d-hole super tenor just doesn't get the playtime. I'd rather it go to a home where it'll get pulled into the rotation more. You can see the great dark lines of the minerals in the sinker redwood on this one, and the koa grain is a very cool and unique one.

It was built and bought just last year in late 2021, and it comes with an LR Baggs 5.0 pick-up installed and comes with the original gig bag that Kanile'a ships their instruments in. It also has a side soundport and has the slotted headstock.

The condition is very minty and as people who've bought from me know, I baby my instruments and keep them safely in my climate controlled office/man cave.

Asking $2,600 shipped within the CONUS. Shipping to Hawaii, Alaska, or anywhere else outside the CONUS will require additional funds for shipping.

Please reach out with any questions!

View attachment 139411View attachment 139410View attachment 139408View attachment 139406View attachment 139405View attachment 139407View attachment 139409
That is one OUTSTANDING Kanile'a uke with great pieces of woods! Not sure who selects their wood but they sure have an eye for it. I have a sinker western red cedar with similar mineral deposits in it. Great sounding soundboard, nice and warm. I can imagine the balance in your uke's voice with these 2 woods. If I didn't own their 2019 Platinum Pineapple, I'd be up for a super high end Kani. Good luck!

That is one OUTSTANDING Kanile'a uke with great pieces of woods! Not sure who selects their wood but they sure have an eye for it. I have a sinker western red cedar with similar mineral deposits in it. Great sounding soundboard, nice and warm. I can imagine the balance in your uke's voice with these 2 woods. If I didn't own their 2019 Platinum Pineapple, I'd be up for a super high end Kani. Good luck!
I assume the Super Tenor scale length is around 19" or so (or does "super" just refer to the fullness of the body in this case)???

I assume the Super Tenor scale length is around 19" or so (or does "super" just refer to the fullness of the body in this case)???
Hey there. It's the size of the body, especially in the lower bout area. It still has the 17" tenor scale.

Another gorgeous instrument.

I'm trying to wrap my brain around a Koa Super Tenor body with a Redwood Top. Got to be amazing sound.

I purchased a tenor from photohonu recently. The transaction went smoothly and the ukulele arrived very well packed and in perfect condition. Just immaculate.

He's a straight-up seller and I'd buy another used instrument from him without any reservations.

I purchased a tenor from photohonu recently. The transaction went smoothly and the ukulele arrived very well packed and in perfect condition. Just immaculate.

He's a straight-up seller and I'd buy another used instrument from him without any reservations.
Appreciate that!

Refreshing to see if there’s any interest. This is a killer sounding uke with a great wood combo. Someone make me an offer!

Super looking and sounding super tenor.

Sinker redwood is am amazing wood for a top. It has a distinctive warmth with excellent projection and sustain.

I am not in a position to get this instrument right now. Otherwise, I would have jumped at it.

Nice! Perchance, is this uke the same as the one listed on Reverb:

thanks
Comparing photos, especially the back, would make it a "No". It may be polite to delete the listing from your post.

Edit: arktrav did delete the post that was NOT this uke for sale...

Last edited:
Comparing photos, especially the back, would make it a "No". It may be polite to delete the listing from your post.
Would be best to delete. However, the one listed here is much nicer IMHO, and with taxes and shipping, 500 dollars less.

Apologies to those who have reached out. We brought a new puppy home a couple of weeks ago and things have been a little nuts around here. I've replied to those who sent me messages.

Top Bottom