SOLD: Kinnard Super Tenor Ukulele (ex Kimo Hussey) Australia

Camsuke

Reaction score
Kinnard Super Tenor Ukulele Custom built in 2014 by renowned luthier John Kinnard in collaboration with Ukulele Master, Kimo Hussey.
A truly amazing instrument. Excellent used condition.
Cocobolo Back and Sides (Solid) AAAA Sitka Spruce Top (Solid) Mahogany Satin Finished Neck Slotted Headstock with Gotoh "Stealth" Tuners Cocobolo Radial Rosette Sound Port Rosewood Binding with Customer Mitred Purfling Herringbone Back Strip Snakewood Fingerboard Fully Bound with Radius Snakewood Bridge Ebony Faceplate with MOP Kinnard Logo 19" Scale Length and 1-9/16”Nut MOP Fret and Side Markers Bone Nut and Saddle K&K Aloha Pickup Deluxe UkeCrazy Tweed Hardcase.

Taken from Kinnard Ukes website:
"The Kimo Hussey model is a design collaboration between John and Kimo and incorporates a 19" scale length along with a 1-9/16 nut. This provides the player more horizontal and vertical room to make those barre and jazz chords shapes easier to play. The mark of all Kinnard ukuleles is their responsiveness to the lightest touch. This allows you to experience the full rich sound spectrum that the tone woods have to offer, without having to play loud. Kinnard ukes provide more freedom to express yourself because you have greater dynamic range and volume control for your playing style. Whether played soft or loud, this uke provides the full tonal palette the tone woods have to offer- giving you, the player, more creative control to express yourself and your music"

Sound sample:

Photos: https://app.box.com/s/zcodmvvo08q6p3uci3tdfjqd8nntsgaa

Last edited:
Beautiful instrument. Lovely playing.

I have bought and sold instruments with Campbell. He's a straight up person and seller, whose instruments are in excellent condition and are exactly as he says they are.

I would buy another uke from him anytime. If I didn't already have an 18" scale spruce/koa John S. Kinnard Kimo Hussey super tenor, I would jump at this one.

They are outstanding instruments. Beautiful functional pieces of art. With wonderful full sound. Each note is clear and precise. As Campbell's video demonstrates.

Really beautiful uke, if you were in the US I'd be asking if you were interested in any trades. But shipping both ways would be make it tough. But that doesn't make your uke any less beautiful! Good luck...

Stunning instrument! Sounds more like a fine classical guiter than a uke!

Kinnard Super Tenor Ukulele Custom built in 2014 by renowned luthier John Kinnard in collaboration with Ukulele Master, Kimo Hussey.
A truly amazing instrument. Excellent used condition.
Cocobolo Back and Sides (Solid) AAAA Sitka Spruce Top (Solid) Mahogany Satin Finished Neck Slotted Headstock with Gotoh "Stealth" Tuners Cocobolo Radial Rosette Sound Port Rosewood Binding with Customer Mitred Purfling Herringbone Back Strip Snakewood Fingerboard Fully Bound with Radius Snakewood Bridge Ebony Faceplate with MOP Kinnard Logo 19" Scale Length and 1-9/16”Nut MOP Fret and Side Markers Bone Nut and Saddle K&K Aloha Pickup Deluxe UkeCrazy Tweed Hardcase.

Taken from Kinnard Ukes website:
"The Kimo Hussey model is a design collaboration between John and Kimo and incorporates a 19" scale length along with a 1-9/16 nut. This provides the player more horizontal and vertical room to make those barre and jazz chords shapes easier to play. The mark of all Kinnard ukuleles is their responsiveness to the lightest touch. This allows you to experience the full rich sound spectrum that the tone woods have to offer, without having to play loud. Kinnard ukes provide more freedom to express yourself because you have greater dynamic range and volume control for your playing style. Whether played soft or loud, this uke provides the full tonal palette the tone woods have to offer- giving you, the player, more creative control to express yourself and your music"

Sound sample:

Photos: https://app.box.com/s/zcodmvvo08q6p3uci3tdfjqd8nntsgaa

Price: $2300USD includes shipping & insurance.

pm sent. I'll take it.

Last edited:
That Kennard is an instrument worthy of a fine collection. Here I am again, after having just bought the Noah Super Tenor here...oh well....

my new Kinnard is here. perfect condition, shipped fast. Pleasure dealing with a true gentleman
Thanks so much for your kind words John, the feeling is mutual my friend. It was an absolute pleasure doing business with you too, and the real bonus for me is to see this special ukulele go to such a good home :) it certainly is amongst some fine company!

Top Bottom