SOLD!! Koaloha opio kto-10 acacia tenor —UNABLE TO CLOSE THREAD

TERCLEM

Reaction score
A somewhat local store recently received their first post (first phase)
Pandemic shipment from Koaloha and I was fortunate to pick the best
(for me) from three gorgeous KTM-00 models and, being an 82 year old financially challenged geezer (NO UAS for me!),
my much loved OPIO tenor has to go in order to replenish living funds.
I purchased her last year from Hawaiian Music Supply so she was set up by their great team of technicians.
This was one of the last prior to the closedown and happens to carry the Factory Special label,
which simply means that it has a very minor cosmetic issue (which I have yet to find!!).
that has NOTHING to do with function or playability! Moms at the factory assures me that their amazing
lifetime Better than Weather warranty continues with any and all future owners! SEE POST #4 for additional info!!!!!
There is one miniscule self inflicted mark where an A string cut loose at the bridge tie bar during a change.
—— (see pic if can include here). AS most of you know, the Koaloha Opio line is made under strict supervision
of the main Hawaiian team and sounds extraordinarily rich and gorgeous——balanced clarity with loads of
sustain!! I do not know how to include samples so strongly suggest checking out demo videos at
Hawaiian Music Supply, Uke Republic and Uke like the Pros.
The instrument has never left the house and is still in pristine condition!
I need to get $400 plus $50 shipping (unless picked up in greater SF Bay Area).
Comes with nice original Koaloha gig bag ——or a brand new Crossrock hard case for an extra $60.
I am sorry for small pics ——please message me to have better ones directly emailed.
Running this listing again because the system screwed up my initial attaempt.

Attachments

• 09604839-45AC-4E1C-B418-844ADBD29A0E.jpg
    09604839-45AC-4E1C-B418-844ADBD29A0E.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 59AA6820-AB93-4A2C-9DC1-B928EDA1762D.jpg
    59AA6820-AB93-4A2C-9DC1-B928EDA1762D.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 926C8CA2-168F-48AD-A933-FFFDAB44B63D.jpg
    926C8CA2-168F-48AD-A933-FFFDAB44B63D.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 137
  • E97A91E2-BEA5-4F51-A3B2-1570A07CE612.jpg
    E97A91E2-BEA5-4F51-A3B2-1570A07CE612.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 137
  • 4EFEC3C0-C67F-471D-9A50-5070E65173BD.jpg
    4EFEC3C0-C67F-471D-9A50-5070E65173BD.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Hope I’m not premature but assume it may be time for the proverbial first BUMP.
Surprised to not get any interest so far in this lovely sounding instrument—-no questions—-no offers.
BTW—-She is currently strung with Living Waters (low G) but can install Uke Logic (soft), Worth Browns or Clears,
Oasis, Ko’olau Aho or D’Addario EJ99T. Pick one and I’ll include one other choice for you to try.

I think the fear factor here is that it's a factory special.

Thanks for pointing that out, Scarver. I guess I assumed that most KOALOHA fans would know what that designation truly indicates.
After emails ( koaloha.com ) and phone chats ( 808 847-4911 ) with Moms (boss and wife of KOALOHA originator, POPS) it was emphasised that NO instrument leaves the factory that is NOT in PERFECT functional/playable condition——PERIOD——including
my lovely OPIO!!
IF the tiniest perceivable (to them) cosmetic issue is noticed it gets the ‘Special’ label and perhaps a small discount ($50 at this range).
(I have heard others mention NOT being able to determine what or where their issue might even be! )
I felt totally comfortable that they offer their amazing lifetime Better than Weather warranty on these instruments EXACTLY as they do on every single instrument that leaves the factory —— thus protecting their valuable reputation!!

Last edited:
I would like to BUMP this listing one more time and offer price reduction to $400 plus $50 shipping.
Cheers to all!

Last edited:
How does one reply to a PM without the answer being part of main thread?
Meanwhile have amended today’s BUMP.
"Inbox" at the very top of the thread. Click on that to see your Private Messages but they are called "Conversations" now. So: PCs?

Beautiful instrument!! I wish I had the funds for this one but I’m a little shy. Best wishes on the sale!

Checking in, will you respond to my PC?

I'm guessing the fact that you don't say anything at all about the sound might be sparking some apprehension.

I'm guessing the fact that you don't say anything at all about the sound might be sparking some apprehension.
You may have a point there, Ernie! —- I assumed that folks on this forum knew the big rich balanced sound of these OPIO tenors——comparable ‘sustain’ to my new KTM-00 too! Anyway, I am not capable of including
sound samples so suggest ‘googling’ the Hawaiian Music Supply, UKE Republic and Uke like the Pros to check out their demos.
I amended the opening post and thank you for pointing out my omission.

That seems like a decent price for a nice looking Opio coming from HMS. The fact that you can't find the blem sounds typical from what the great guys at HMS will call out and note. My Rebel had a small blem that I can't discern, but they marked it down $80. I also have the KTM-00 you just got, which is a gorgeous sounding uke. I'm sure you're enjoying it very much. :)

That seems like a decent price for a nice looking Opio coming from HMS. The fact that you can't find the blem sounds typical from what the great guys at HMS will call out and note. My Rebel had a small blem that I can't discern, but they marked it down $80. I also have the KTM-00 you just got, which is a gorgeous sounding uke. I'm sure you're enjoying it very much. :)
Yes indeed, certainly am enjoying the KTM-00 and, if it wasn’t for financial challenges, I’d love to keep
the Opio too. I really appreciate your comments and congratulate you on your fine stable of instruments!
And yes, the techs and players at HMS really are amazing and dedicated folks!

Well “fellow ukers”——I apologise for the length of this thread——(due to my ineptitude and early challenges with the excellent change over). I assume that by posting this I am in effect bumping for a third time. I am a relatively new member so, if this is “overstaying” my welcome regarding my hoped for sale, please let me know (gently) and I’ll try and just close the whole thread down. Can’t complain——there has been a surprising number of ‘viewers’, suggestions and compliments but NOT a single gesture of interest. At $400 we’re pretty much down to half price! All best to everyone!!

Hi @TERCLEM,
Nothing wrong with (or uncommon about) an occasional bump. Hang tight and keep your fingers crossed that this offer will be seen by the right set of eyeballs. Traction has slowed down on the marketplace but this is bound to be an appealing deal to someone. Good luck!

Oh, I would certainly be purchasing this if the current budget allowed it. Just a tight time for me.

Top Bottom