SOLD

oddlyorange

Reaction score
This Mya-Moe Beansprout tenor banjo uke was handmade in the USA by luthiers Aaron Keim, and Gordon and Char Mayer. The pot is made of walnut with maple edging, and it has a walnut neck and a radiused flamed maple fretboard with walnut binding. It has Mya-Moe’s signature headplate also in walnut and maple, and the fretboard has a green leaf inlay to signify that all the timber is sustainably sourced in the USA.

The tuners are Pegheds, which look like the sort of friction tuners you might find on an old violin but are in fact highly engineered modern tuners with a 4:1 ratio. The uke comes with a K$K Twin Spot pickup.

If you’ve read anything about these you’ll know they are among the finest banjo ukes in the world. If you don’t know about them there is a great review of a very similar uke (built around the same time) by Ken Middleton here:

You can also find information about the current Beansprout banjo ukes on Aaron Keim’s website here: https://www.thebeansprout.com/banjos

The uke is in Brisbane, Australia. but I'm happy to post within Aus or internationally at the buyer's cost. I sold a Kinnard tenor through UU to a chap in Switzerland last December and I seem to recall the shipping cost was around USD220 via Interparcel (using the UPS service). I live in Morningside, Queensland 4170, Australia and you can check shipping prices to your location here https://au.interparcel.com

Asking price is US$1300 (Au$1900).

Thanks folks!

IMG_9173.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9164.jpg
    IMG_9164.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_9165.jpg
    IMG_9165.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9167.jpg
    IMG_9167.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_9168.jpg
    IMG_9168.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_9169.jpg
    IMG_9169.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_9170.jpg
    IMG_9170.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_9171.jpg
    IMG_9171.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_9172.jpg
    IMG_9172.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Being an owner of a Aaron Keim crafted Banjolele myself I can confirm that these are the best. Great price, especially for one with the K&K pickup.

This Mya-Moe Beansprout tenor banjo uke was handmade in the USA by luthiers Aaron Keim, and Gordon and Char Mayer. The pot is made of walnut with maple edging, and it has a walnut neck and a radiused flamed maple fretboard with walnut binding. It has Mya-Moe’s signature headplate also in walnut and maple, and the fretboard has a green leaf inlay to signify that all the timber is sustainably sourced in the USA.

The tuners are Pegheds, which look like the sort of friction tuners you might find on an old violin but are in fact highly engineered modern tuners with a 4:1 ratio. The uke comes with a K$K Twin Spot pickup.

If you’ve read anything about these you’ll know they are among the finest banjo ukes in the world. If you don’t know about them there is a great review of a very similar uke (built around the same time) by Ken Middleton here:

You can also find information about the current Beansprout banjo ukes on Aaron Keim’s website here: https://www.thebeansprout.com/banjos

The uke is in Brisbane, Australia. but I'm happy to post within Aus or internationally at the buyer's cost. I sold a Kinnard tenor through UU to a chap in Switzerland last December and I seem to recall the shipping cost was around USD220 via Interparcel (using the UPS service). I live in Morningside, Queensland 4170, Australia and you can check shipping prices to your location here https://au.interparcel.com

Asking price is US$1300 (Au$1900).

Thanks folks!

View attachment 142996

Being an owner of a Aaron Keim crafted Banjolele myself I can confirm that these are the best. Great price, especially for one with the K&K pickup.
Thanks Hollis.

Can someone please hurry up and buy this? I live in the same city as the seller and it’s far too tempting haha! Good luck with the sale

Can someone please hurry up and buy this? I live in the same city as the seller and it’s far too tempting haha! Good luck with the sale
Hi Fisherman. Nice to hear from a fellow Brisbanite. Perhaps we’ve been at B.U.M.S. meetings together. Cheers.

Top Bottom