Some good ol' hillbilly pickin' on the uke

benjoeuke

Reaction score
I was trying some of that clawhammer type stuff and it kinda morphed into this... had to flip on the iphone to catch it and share... notice how it makes my lower lip automatically sag, lol... can any ukulele players name these tunes? hehe...
it's also the first time I ever kept a first take of a video :)

Mucho mahalos Ken, means a lot comin' from you! in fact your clawhammer on the tenor is what inspired me today... I saw that vid and it reminded me a little bit of 'Whisky Before Breakfast' so I started experimenting a bit... I figured if anyone could guess those three tunes that I played, it would be you lol :)

Excellent. I am listening as I type and it sounds beautiful. You play very well.

Very nice! It is good to see someone else doing some drop-thumb frailing!

I recognized "Old Joe Clark", at the least. Tried to play along, but my uke is about 1/4 step off from yours...

Anyway, keep up the good work!

-Kurt​

Muchos mahalos to y'all! way too kind... sorry bout da tunin' Kurt... I dropped the A string to G and da rest all went cattywampus... lol... Then I just started twistin' de knobs all over... I'll use a tuner next time :)

mahalo tigersister... oh and btw one point to Kurt for recognizing Ol' Joe Clark, the middle tune in the medley :)

Top Bottom