Someone gave me....

Nickie

Reaction score
a pair of bongos. While I don't plan on becoming a bongo player, I am messing around with them a little bit. here's a helpful lesson I found.
playing bongos

you could screw on a couple of different scale necks (soprano/tenor) and tailpieces, string them up and have a double banjolele?! Banduolele?

Like a strap for a ukulele, a stand can make it easier to play.

Habanera!

Attachments

• Gon Bops on Stand.JPG
    Gon Bops on Stand.JPG
    714.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I've heard a few guys who are fantastic on the bongos. Most people i've heard play bongos like crap though. I try to stay away from them, and don't keep them around the house because I figure a good bongo player will bring their bongos with them. I play them like crap.

way too much fun Nickie!!!
i have several sets of bongos and a few djembes -
they add a such a sweet colour to so many songs
reckon you gals might find a space for them in your band :)

I've heard a few guys who are fantastic on the bongos. Most people i've heard play bongos like crap though. I try to stay away from them, and don't keep them around the house because I figure a good bongo player will bring their bongos with them. I play them like crap.
Totally agree with Mike $ - I heard a music store employee playing a LP Mini-bongo while I was on a trip to Guam. He sounded fantastic, like he was playing congas! Bought one when I got home & practiced via YouTube lessons. Even after several months of trying, I sounded nothing like the guy at the music store. Ended up giving them to Goodwill.

i'm not sure anyone needs to be a musically percussive superhero.
we play cause we love to play and it's fun, right
i recorded this last year on one of my bongos w/ two loose skins
and hey, felt good and is maybe just a 1/2 step up from naked palms on a coffee table :)
play em Nickie and see what happens!

Top Bottom