SOTU 561 "MORAL TURPITUDE"

You must have dubious morals to belong to a gang, and to make their gang complete in this age on equality diversity and inclusivity the Rubberbandits require a Black Man.

Now THAT is an "interesting" video, Rob ... thank you (I think!) Good news in that my husband was returned to me yesterday afternoon; bad news in that it's quite hard work looking after him! Please keep those songs coming today ... 'tis the time for total "badness;" you know you want to!

Now THAT is an "interesting" video, Rob ... thank you (I think!) Good news in that my husband was returned to me yesterday afternoon; bad news in that it's quite hard work looking after him! Please keep those songs coming today ... 'tis the time for total "badness;" you know you want to!
That's good news... I hope he is quicky on the mend... the love of a good woman I am sure will work wonders... fortitude and bright blessings.

I've been exposed to the differences between BrE and AmE, I've learned that the "Mean" in this song's name means cheap or miserly, as opposed to cruel or heartless. He's the latter if he was obscene to the queen.

Thanks Val! Here's my last one this season, Stack O' Lee, which I believe is in the public domain.
A lot of folks have sung it. Lloyd Price had a big hit with it in the fifties.
"The night was black and the moon was yellow and the leaves came tumbling down. . ."
Mine is mostly Mississippi John Hurt's version.

Last edited:
I wanted to play "I Fought the Law" (the Clash after the Bobby Fuller Four) or "Conversation with a Cop" (Fanny), though I couldn't do justice to either one.

Luckily, this song from The Harder They Come soundtrack played on the stereo earlier tonight where my little one and I went out to dinner. And I thought, "That song's just fun. You can't mess that one up on ukulele, Ralf." (Uh, just don't watch the video all the way to the end, okay?)

Well, it is my sad duty to declare Season 561 officially over ... you have all done your worst and we have a total of 57 videos. (My apologies for my absence these last few hours, I was preoccupied with Harry and then we lost Internet access for a while. Thanks Jim and Ralf for bringing up the rear, and Sabine, if you want to contribute, I'll add you to the Playlist later.) I shall declare the results a.s.a.p. THANK YOU ALL!

Well, it is my sad duty to declare Season 561 officially over ... you have all done your worst and we have a total of 57 videos. (My apologies for my absence these last few hours, I was preoccupied with Harry and then we lost Internet access for a while. Thanks Jim and Ralf for bringing up the rear, and Sabine, if you want to contribute, I'll add you to the Playlist later.) I shall declare the results a.s.a.p. THANK YOU ALL!
I'm sorry I missed this week, Val. Don't keep me a place on the playlist.
It was my own fault, no time management at all this week, and only a sliver of an idea, to which I haven't even learnt the melody yet (The Bloody Miller). Hopefully, I'll remember it if we have a week about millers, their easy daughters/wives and windmills.

I'm sorry I missed this week, Val. Don't keep me a place on the playlist.
It was my own fault, no time management at all this week, and only a sliver of an idea, to which I haven't even learnt the melody yet (The Bloody Miller). Hopefully, I'll remember it if we have a week about millers, their easy daughters/wives and windmills.
Well, whatever that was, Sabine, it sounds most intriguing! As you say, we'll just have to wait for a week about millers. Don't work too hard!

Top Bottom