SOTU 579 That's Crackers!

Three more entries today. John (Flatbaroque) and Berni were inspired to write new songs. Del arranged and performed one I expected this week, and it was worth the wait. So, that's three 'crazy' songs for you all, although Berni did mention Ritz crackers in the lyrics.

Will Dave have time for a Madness song or two/three tomorrow? Who knows, but I do hope so!

Thanks for today everyone!

Reactions: joo
... There is a type of crackers I love to eat with black coffee... called sugar crackers, which is just sugar on crackers. Mmmmm.

... I PROMISE!
We call them sugar wafers; vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate. Guilty. Yum!

Last song from me; "I promise."

Not crazy. Please don't stop, I love 'em, and your Art!

We call them sugar wafers; vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate. Guilty. Yum!

Last song from me; "I promise."

Not crazy. Please don't stop, I love 'em, and your Art!
Sweetness rules, doesn't it?

Um. If I don't stop myself I might not have time to go to the toilet, shower, do housework, groceries, feed the cat, talk to people in real life, stare at the sky, etc..
I can get obsessed with making music/videos!

Yet a THIRD version of this song from the 1920s by the songwriting team of Ager and Yellen. it has many more lyrics than either John or Jim included. (I did swipe “Red hot mama”) from the Kweskin revision.

I guess affection for the ukulele was not universal back then. …

Here's one of those songs where nobody really seems to know exactly what it's about (except perhaps Robbie Robertson and even then, who knows) but we all love it anyway. What I do know, is that if you're pulling into Nazareth feeling about half past dead, then probably the last thing you want is Crazy Chester following you.

I got The Steamers involved here. The timing in the chorus proved a bit tricky, so if I got it wrong, well, I suppose that's just the way I do this song :).

My exhausted brain conflated real themes "2. songs by Madness" and "3. songs that have crazy in the lyrics or title" into the non-existent option "X. songs that have mad or madness in the lyrics or title." Heh.

Then I went and recorded this Tears for Fears song, only to return here to share it and see that it doesn't fit any of our three fun theme options. Oops.

I'm more than crazy enough to share it anyway.

Maybe I didn't eat enough crackers this week?

My exhausted brain conflated real themes "2. songs by Madness" and "3. songs that have crazy in the lyrics or title" into the non-existent option "X. songs that have mad or madness in the lyrics or title." Heh.

Then I went and recorded this Tears for Fears song, only to return here to share it and see that it doesn't fit any of our three fun theme options. Oops.

I'm more than crazy enough to share it anyway.

Maybe I didn't eat enough crackers this week?

I'm glad you decided to share it, Ralph! It's a crazy good listen. So, although I won't include it on the playlist, I hope that everyone listens to the embedded video.

I'm hoping you'll have another (Madness?) one ready soon.

A short update:

Five 'crazy' songs were added to the playlist, thanks to Del (with his baritone), Jon (with another original), Rick (with more Crazy Words, Crazy Tune), Edwin (with his Steamers), and 🥁🥁🥁...Hands_On_Lanzon in his Seasons debut! Welcome, Sir, glad you join us.
There was a bonus addition to the thread as well, so give Ralph a listen too (post #90).
See you all soon!

My brain did the same! Practiced this song for 2 days to try and memorize the lyrics. 😅

Love your version!

I was trying to find a "crazy" country song that isn't that one really famous one, and found this. It was apparently recorded by Porter Wagoner, but I couldn't find an original recording of it. All I could find was someone doing a basic cover with his guitar. I wonder what it sounded like when Porter sang it. Probably kinda weird.

What a band Madness were! A huge favourite of mine until the advent of synth pop in the early ’80s - I can’t work out why I’ve never covered any of their songs - until now!!! Anyway, thanks for the opportunity, Sabine!
Not sure how this one will be received by the Madness purists - I’ve slowed it down and given it a sadder, moodier feel than the original. I think they call it the DelGriff treatment! :) Some synth bass and pads added, as well as some vocal harmonies in the chorus.

I was trying to find a "crazy" country song that isn't that one really famous one, and found this. It was apparently recorded by Porter Wagoner, but I couldn't find an original recording of it. All I could find was someone doing a basic cover with his guitar. I wonder what it sounded like when Porter sang it. Probably kinda weird.

Really? I entered "Porter Wagoner Dig That Crazy Moon" into YouTube search and found about a dozen.

I learned this song for the season. One of my favorite parts of the Seasons is when it inspires me to learn a new song. This one is easy enough I was able to get it mostly together.

One take late night session of the Band's The Weight poor quality video and even poorer audio. In the trade we call it Lo-fi.

The lyrics are enough to bamboozle a tall man and to make him stand on his head and crap snowballs.

Really? I entered "Porter Wagoner Dig That Crazy Moon" into YouTube search and found about a dozen.

It's because you're not in the U.S. anymore! Appears to be blocked here. Why on earth would that song be blocked? The one you inserted just said "video unavailable" for me.

It's because you're not in the U.S. anymore! Appears to be blocked here. Why on earth would that song be blocked? The one you inserted just said "video unavailable" for me.
I wondered about that. Try a VPN? I can share one if you need.

Top Bottom