Spruce top Soprano video demo

Timbuck

Reaction score
Last edited:
You'll have to work a bit on your accent before I'll mistake you for Steven Spielberg.

As always, nice video Ken, I too hope the customer likes it and since it's a one -off it will probably be for sale at Christies for mega money in a few years.
Are you also having a heatwave in Teesside? The wateringcan is in full use here.

Another lovely uke, Ken. Sitka Spruce is da kine.

John Colter

Sweet! It's got that spruce sound, for sure. I've made a couple spruce sopranos (none sounding as good as yours) and I recognize "that sound" which to me sounds more old world Mediterranean ...almost classical, more nuanced high end, and not so much the Hawaiian mid-range punch. Both are beautiful in their own way.

I forgot to say that the audio was not enhanced in any way just the iPad microphone , and the strings are fishing leaders

Last edited:
You'll have to work a bit on your accent before I'll mistake you for Steven Spielberg.

As always, nice video Ken, I too hope the customer likes it and since it's a one -off it will probably be for sale at Christies for mega money in a few years.
Are you also having a heatwave in Teesside? The wateringcan is in full use here.
Yup the sun is overpowering..I have a load of tomatoes on the go this year and we have to get the hosepipe out twice a day to stop them wilting.. I suppose 31 degrees C is peanuts to some of the other builders.

The binding looks nice. Hope I get to see/own more variations of tops! Mahalo for doing this!
Oh I forgot to mention that I put rosewood bindings on that one .. when I bent them in the Foxy bender I put too much pressure on the caul and the waist bends came out a little too thin so I dipped them in some hot water and they soon expanded back to normal.

Oh I forgot to mention that I put rosewood bindings on that one .. when I bent them in the Foxy bender I put too much pressure on the caul and the waist bends came out a little too thin so I dipped them in some hot water and they soon expanded back to normal.
It looks and sounds amazing! Also I think this is Adirondack spruce. The mahogany is heavier than the others. Feel nice to hold. The color contrast looks nice as well. Congratulations on an excellent build!

Top Bottom