Squeaky strings?

A little squeak doesn't bother my. You hear it a lot from guitar players. Some go to great lengths to get rid of it some just consider it a part of the acoustic sound.

Each to his or her own opinion, but I think fluorocarbons sound tinny.

With guitars it's usually poor technique where people don't lift their left hand fingers off properly, or coated strings, and of course most audible for combinations of this. I think I had some squeak for my first few years of guitar playing but with practice I would like to think that it has been remedied.

The issue with some ukulele strings is with the right hand but not with the left one (like the noise on guitars when changing the position).
This is a fingerpicking issue. Nothing with strumming.

The issue with some ukulele strings is with the right hand but not with the left one (like the noise on guitars when changing the position).

Yes, exactly this. I guess one solution is to grow out fingernails and pick with those? Haven't tried the sandpaper trick yet.

Thanks for clarification. I pick with flesh of fingertips on New Nylgut and Super Nylgut and haven't noticed anything, but I am not virtuoso player for sure.

Top Bottom