Steel Ukulele Strings

SlingshotCannon

Thank you! If I could impose for two more quick questions:

1) Does the intonation seem OK up and down the fretboard?
2) When you say the construction is a bit "crude," do you mean there are actual specific construction blemishes / imperfections? Or just more generally that it's not the most elegant or refined instrument from a master craftsman (which I wouldn't expect at this price point), but is still put together and solidly in a workmanlike fashion?

Thanks again!

Mr Slaters Parrot

I don't do a lot of picking so I am not the best to judge intonation up the fretboard but I did check it out with a chromatic tuner when I first go it, and it seemed to go a little sharp on the way up, but probably close enough. The strings are still settling too so that might be a factor.

I wouldn't say imperfections, more not elegant or refined as you suggested. The back panels are closed with visible screws, for example. From the front you don't see any of that and if you brought it to play in a band I don't think anybody would point and stare. They'd probably think it was pretty cute, which it is. It looks and feels altogether solid. Heavier than an equivalent sized ukulele as you might expect.