Strings String Gauges?

RedbeardThePink

Reaction score
New here, wasn't sure where to put this.

I have gut strings on my soprano ukulele, and I really like them. I have a new tenor, and I'd like to try stringing that with gut as well, but I haven't been able to find gut strings that are sized for a tenor. I think I can buy them by gauge, but I have nooo idea what that would look like.

I either need a source for gut tenor strings, or I need some guidance on what gauge strings to order for a tenor if I have to do it a la carte. Can anyone here help me?

Worth fluoro strings are just a tad thicker for the A and G strings, for re-entrant High G Tenor [over sop and concert].
Isn't there something on Aquila website?

New here, wasn't sure where to put this.

I have gut strings on my soprano ukulele, and I really like them. I have a new tenor, and I'd like to try stringing that with gut as well, but I haven't been able to find gut strings that are sized for a tenor. I think I can buy them by gauge, but I have nooo idea what that would look like.

I either need a source for gut tenor strings, or I need some guidance on what gauge strings to order for a tenor if I have to do it a la carte. Can anyone here help me?

Check with:

All or almost all lutes are strung with gut, sometimes surgical gut. Lutes come in many string lengths, so many gauges necessary.
Here is a list of lute teachers, they should be able to tell you where to get different gauge gut strings.

Top Bottom