Stringing a new Ukulele

AstroEd42

Reaction score
Hello
I'll be finishing my first ukulele, a Tenor, this week. After gluing on the bridge, how long should I wait before stringing it. Any help will be appreciated. When finished I'll post pictures if I can figure out how to. Thank you.
Ed

Overnight. Then you get a present in the morning. By the way, according to Titebond, maximum holding power takes 24 hours. Overnight is good enough. Not sure what you are using.

Overnight. Then you get a present in the morning. By the way, according to Titebond, maximum holding power takes 24 hours. Overnight is good enough. Not sure what you are using.
I'll be using Titebond, the regular Red. Yes it will be a present, It's been months of wait. The next one will go faster since I'm tooled up now. Anxious to hear a note from it. Thanks
Ed

Last edited:
Just be aware that immediately after stringing up they might not sound as good as you had hoped. It seems it takes at least a week to ripen up. Just my experience. Might be bias, I don't know.

Just be aware that immediately after stringing up they might not sound as good as you had hoped. It seems it takes at least a week to ripen up. Just my experience. Might be bias, I don't know.
Even the next day after stringing a new instrument there is a big difference in sound due to the wood adjusting to the new stresses.

Thank all of you for your replies. I'm not a musician, so any sound I get will be great. I've made many woodworking projects, but this had to be one of the most challenging.
Regards
Ed

Top Bottom