Taimane: "Hawaiki" Sunday, October 23, 3pm @ Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center

mitchchang

Reaction score
GRAB YOUR TICKETS HERE
On Sunday October 23, 2022 at 3pm, Taimane and her quartet take the stage at Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center for what is poised to be one of the best concerts of the year.

While known for her unique talent, style and repertoire, Taimane is, first and foremost, a world-class entertainer. She will be in euphoric form October 23 - performing with a grand ensemble (classical guitarist, percussionist, violinist, Polynesian dancer and contemporary dancer) in celebration of multiple career milestones including her first, worldwide tour in nearly three years.

Taimane kicked off her tour in June playing a string of dates across the United Kingdom including multiple performances at the prestigious Glastonbury Festival sharing the bill with 2022 headliners Paul McCartney, Billie Eilish, and Kendrick Lamar. This year, Taimane will also make waves with her first new album in four years, “Hawaiki,” an autobiographical record whose protagonist discovers profound meaning upon connecting with her Polynesian ancestry amidst a wild adventure. Last but not least, Taimane is releasing her first-ever signature ukulele later in November.

From Bach to rock, flamenco infernos to tribal hymns, Taimane never fails to dazzle. Her special concert at Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center is sure to leave attendees with lifelong memories.

ENTER TO WIN AN AUTOGRAPHED TAIMANE SIGNATURE UKULELE BY ENYA!
Every ticket purchased to her 10/23 Redondo Beach concert = one entry.

with: Ramiro Marziani: Classical Guitar, Stefie Dominguez: Percussion, Melissa Folzenlogen (Baethoven): Violin, Cello, Background Vocals, Norm Munoz: Polynesian Dancer, Sky Fung: Contemporary Dancer

Copy of XI FESTIVAL CUMBRE FLAMENCA 2022 copy.png

Last edited:
We saw her play in Waimea on the Big Island in April. The show was amazing.

Youtube doesn't do her justice. We were close enough in the 6th row to marvel at her amazing finger dexterity.

It was fantastic to see both Taimane and Jake Shimabukuro play at this year's Grand Northern Ukulele Festival in the UK. Quite different approaches to their craft but both out of this world in virtuosity. Taimane's backing band really complements her music.

I'm not local to the area but was in town for business, so I made it a point to go to Taimane's concert in Redondo Beach. She and her band were fantastic! She gave such a sultry performance that really added to the already incredible music. Her musicians (guitarist, violinist/back-up singer, and percussionist) were top-notch and the dancers added nice visuals to accompany the "stories" she was telling through her music. I liked the variety she played too--some recognizable covers from different genres and some of her originals.

The venue was great too...big theater but layout of the stage and seats made it feel like no matter where you sat, you had a good seat. Nice lighting and cool fog effects. There was a little hiccup when the power went out for a bit and it took a little while for the sound to come back on but they pivoted gracefully and didn't stop the show; instead they got up closer to the audience, sat down, and performed acoustically. It was actually nice because that made it feel more intimate. And the audience was a good sport about it...nothing to complain about because Taimane and her bandmates were good sports about it too and still delivered!

Mitch from Kala Koa Entertainment organized a great show! If I'm in the area again during one of his events, I'll be there, because he knows what he's doing. Yay for live music and ukulele events!

I'm not local to the area but was in town for business, so I made it a point to go to Taimane's concert in Redondo Beach. She and her band were fantastic! She gave such a sultry performance that really added to the already incredible music. Her musicians (guitarist, violinist/back-up singer, and percussionist) were top-notch and the dancers added nice visuals to accompany the "stories" she was telling through her music. I liked the variety she played too--some recognizable covers from different genres and some of her originals.

The venue was great too...big theater but layout of the stage and seats made it feel like no matter where you sat, you had a good seat. Nice lighting and cool fog effects. There was a little hiccup when the power went out for a bit and it took a little while for the sound to come back on but they pivoted gracefully and didn't stop the show; instead they got up closer to the audience, sat down, and performed acoustically. It was actually nice because that made it feel more intimate. And the audience was a good sport about it...nothing to complain about because Taimane and her bandmates were good sports about it too and still delivered!

Mitch from Kala Koa Entertainment organized a great show! If I'm in the area again during one of his events, I'll be there, because he knows what he's doing. Yay for live music and ukulele events!
Geny, thanks for sharing that experience about Taimane and her group dealing so gracefully with a power outage-- something that would have stymied many performers. That says a lot about her and her group!

Top Bottom