Tenayo kit?

It looks pretty much identical to the Grizzly kits sold in the U.S. - though they have a laminate mahogany body rather than basswood.

I've put together quite a few of the grizzly kits. In fact, I had a whole class of grad 7s and 8s build them a few months ago. They are very straight-forward to build; every one of my students who tried to build one ended up with a useable uke after 1 school day of building (the building only takes an hour or three but you've got to wait for glue to dry).

It's identical to a Grizzly kit. There's not much to do besides gluing the fretboard and neck on, and finishing. But it will give you chance to see if you really want to build your own. Grizzly has them in their catalog for $23.95.

I am familiar with HOSCO. They are a very large wholesaler of stringed instrument parts and supplies in China. They offer this kit in varying degrees of completion and quality, this being one of the more simple kits. You might want to ask the retailer if they carry any of the other kits.

Yeah, I would like something with a bit more to do on it to be honest...
I just looked at your website Chuck and my eyes almost fell out!
Full respect man!
Sheepy

stewmac has a pretty intensive kit... but i would recommend doing one or two of these first to get your feet wet with building and such... plus the stewmac kit is a bit more pricey, so you better know what you are doing!

I used the kit to make a cigar box uke, just used the neck fretbord and tuners, the bridge is rubbish and the body was already seperating when I got it xD

Top Bottom