Tenor Form

Jerryc41

This went on sale for $15, so I ordered one. It will be a starting point for any future tenors. I'll have to take an online course in Chinese so I can read the writing on it.

I began making a uke a few weeks ago, but then the roof on the screen room collapsed - water leakage - and replacing that has been keeping me busy.

Attachments

• Form - Tenor.jpg
    Form - Tenor.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 37

Jeanpaul

UU VIP
UU VIP
Hi, Jerry!
Would be happy to help with those writings in Chinese, if my English is good enough:LOL:

Jean

Kelali Kev

Jerry,
The template is both the back side and top side on one template. Hopefully it is to scale which would make it easier to use. The lower bout cross brace is for the back and the upper and middle cross braces are for both the top and back. The bridge is transposed over the bridge patch which would be on the underside of the soundboard. A full-scale blueprint for a tenor would probably be more helpful. It does not show any kind of patch or bracing around the sound hole, or any measurements leading me to believe it will be full scale. It also shows rudimentary scalloping of the braces and tone bars. Alternatively I would draw a line on the tone bars under the saddle line and scallop the tone bars from the saddle to the end of each tone bar going from full height at the saddle to 1mm at the ends of the tone bars. If your braces about 6mm x 8mm tall, and your tone bars 4mm x 6mm tall you should be in decent shape. Others may have different opinions on those sizes, but that will make you a decent instrument. You have received feedback on side, top and back thickness on other posts already. Hope this helps.