The Benny Hill Theme chords

kaizersoza

Hi Guys I wonder if anyone knows the chords to The Benny Hill Theme, I really would appreciate someone posting these for an up and coming gig that I have

thanx

kaizer

Flaky

I didn't find anything specifically for ukulele (aside from this craziness http://youtu.be/OmSXpjBcVqc), but there were a lot of sites that had chords and tab for guitar. The name of the song is Yakety Sax.

kaizersoza

thanx for your reply Flaky, I have trawled the net and can't find anything that I can use, I am not very good at transposing guitar tabs into uke chords, that was a mad vid fair play

peewee

thanx for your reply Flaky, I have trawled the net and can't find anything that I can use, I am not very good at transposing guitar tabs into uke chords, that was a mad vid fair play

Try playing the guitar tabs on your DGBE - tuned Bari, ignoring those two bass strings in the guitar tab. Then, since it's an instrumental and key is not important, play the same shapes on a low G tuned tenor...there's no need to go crazy transposing it. For me this is a primary utility of the baritone, as a guitar tab translator...

ksiegel

I really AM a Secretary!
UU VIP
The song is "Yakety Sax" - the old Boots Randolph song. I've been playing it for years, as a finger exercise.

If you play it in the key of C, it works better a a 2nd position bar - I think that is with 5-5-6-7 or 7-6-5-5.. never sure which string to start with, but the high g string is the 7th fret. If you use this bar, the melody is a simple progression down the strings from high pitch to low pitch.

The pattern is to play the I chord for 6 measures, then the V7 chord for 2 measures. I for two measures, I7 for two measures, IV for two measures, then either the IVm or IV7, depending on how fancy you want to get, then I for one measure V7 for one measure, back to I for one measure.

OR:

/C C C C/ /C C C C//C C C C//C C C C//C C C C//C C C C/
/G7 G7 G7 G7/ /G7 G7 G7 G7/
/C C C C/ /C7 C7 C7 C7 /
/F F F F / / Fm Fm Fm Fm/
/C C C C/ /G7 G7 G7 G7/ /C C C C/

The bridge is the old circus calliope tune, which probably has a name, although I can't think of it, and stays on the I chord until it morphs back into the theme.

Hope that isn't too muddy a description.

-Kurt​

/
Hi Guys I wonder if anyone knows the chords to The Benny Hill Theme, I really would appreciate someone posting these for an up and coming gig that I have

thanx

kaizer

kaizersoza

Try playing the guitar tabs on your DGBE - tuned Bari, ignoring those two bass strings in the guitar tab. Then, since it's an instrumental and key is not important, play the same shapes on a low G tuned tenor...there's no need to go crazy transposing it. For me this is a primary utility of the baritone, as a guitar tab translator...

great idea Peewee, almost forgot I had a bari, i'll try it thank you

kaizersoza

The song is "Yakety Sax" - the old Boots Randolph song. I've been playing it for years, as a finger exercise.

If you play it in the key of C, it works better a a 2nd position bar - I think that is with 5-5-6-7 or 7-6-5-5.. never sure which string to start with, but the high g string is the 7th fret. If you use this bar, the melody is a simple progression down the strings from high pitch to low pitch.

The pattern is to play the I chord for 6 measures, then the V7 chord for 2 measures. I for two measures, I7 for two measures, IV for two measures, then either the IVm or IV7, depending on how fancy you want to get, then I for one measure V7 for one measure, back to I for one measure.

OR:

/C C C C/ /C C C C//C C C C//C C C C//C C C C//C C C C/
/G7 G7 G7 G7/ /G7 G7 G7 G7/
/C C C C/ /C7 C7 C7 C7 /
/F F F F / / Fm Fm Fm Fm/
/C C C C/ /G7 G7 G7 G7/ /C C C C/

The bridge is the old circus calliope tune, which probably has a name, although I can't think of it, and stays on the I chord until it morphs back into the theme.

Hope that isn't too muddy a description.

-Kurt​

/

no not muddy, thank you Kurt this is exactly what I am looking for and not too hard to nail by the weekend either, I really appreciate you takin the time to post this Kurt

richard