The E- Chord - Is there an alternative?

Neil_O

Thanks for keeping this thread alive. I would have missed some great ideas if the zombie-thread-killers had their way!

Voran

I realize mine is not actually an E chord with my downtuned uke, but I can do that finger position.

Had to figure out a way to not make an annoying noise when my fingers leave the strings afterwards though.

Mr RAH

I've searched under E-chord...can't find what I'm looking for.

I guess I'm like most newbies - the E-chord (along with several others needing four fingers) is the chord from hell in terms of finger placement. I'm also pretty certain that short of growing a third hand, I'm not likely to ever get the contortions right!

So My questions are:

1. Is there a harmonic alternative to the E chord? ie what could I get a way with at a push!??

2. Any sneaky tips on finger positions?

3. Suggestions for painless amputations?

Thanks

3-fingered Bill

PS

Shucks ...got my first callous forming....so proud!! It's like a first born! (OK I know ...that's a bit OTT - but you know what I mean!)
I use an app on my tablet called Pocket Ukulele Chords that shows fingering as well as alternative fingering for all chords

IslandSounds

Easiest way I've figured out to do it is like this:

Use the first three fingers to hit the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string on the the 4th fret, then use the base of your index finger to hit the 1st string, second fret.

holy moly… love this

Voran

I'm honestly now slightly worried because I can do this chord shape no problem. Am I missing something? I don't get what I'm supposed to find so hard...

I don't THINK I have, say, Marfans or Loeys Dietz...I would be much, much taller...I'm only 5'5...